CrazyBoards.org

I have max'd out the dosage on my consta depot and the added 20mg of olanzapine is not working either. I spoke to my pdoc and she thinks I will get better results from haldol. I am worried about using an older med but anything is better than what I am going through at the moment. Constant voices bickering between themselves working out my level of pain they are going to cause me if I do not comply with their request. I also do not trust the NHS they have been tricking me for months by changing meds giving me placebos so that they can experiment with my mind.

Dont know if I am paranoid or just hyper vigilant

I took risperidal when i was younger and had a bad time with it. That is just my personal experience but for me it actually caused more anxiety than it killed. Unless you are in a study they probably won't give you a placebo. If you are in a study you would have signed papers. Haldol is not as bad as they make it out to be. It can be decent if you need it. Talk to the doctor though. Everyone is different.

Haldol is an amazing med. I was on Risperdal Consta but they didn't want to max it out because of side effects, so I was switched back to Piportil, which is in the same class as Haldol. It's a depot injection I get every 2 weeks, and has crushed my psychosis. I had a lot of paranoia and delusions on Consta.

Haldol can cause EPS or akathasia, but it can be handled with cogentin or artane, and quite a few other meds. I take 10mg of Artane a day for Piportil side effects and don't have any side effects anymore.

When I was on oral Haldol, it really helped. It didn't zonk me out after the first week or so, it helped my psychosis a lot, but when I switched to an injection, Piportil was brought up. I had been on it before. However, Piportil (not available in the US) is running short in supply, so I may have to switch depot's, but Haldol would be my first choice.

I find I have way less side effects on typical antipsychotics (Piportil, Haldol, Loxapine, etc) than atypicals (like Seroquel, Risperdal). I also find in injection form, I get fewer side effects than oral form. 

Don't be afraid of Haldol. It's a great med.