CrazyBoards.org

Hello. I am new here. I am also, new to blogging. I am bipolar type 2 with GAD and psychosis. I also have intrusive thoughts. I have a 19 month old son. Before having him I was mainly depressive with occasional psychosis and mania. I barely ever had intrusive thoughts. Now I am manic more often and my depressions are so much worse. I have horrible nightmares and intrusive thoughts. I often have psychosis, seeing and hearing things that are not real. My grandfather was schizophrenic, so I often get concerned that I am like him, but my pdoc doesn't think so. I have always taken antidepressants, antianxiety, mood stabilizers, and recently I was put on an anti-psychotic. I wont lie that word freaks me out. My mania comes with a lot of agitation. I have never had a temper before and when I become agitated I don't know how to deal with it and than I feel tremendous guilt. Is it possible my illness has progressed and this is permanent or could this all still be due to hormones??

Are you breastfeeding or anything? I'm asking mainly because that could be the reason behind your temper..

Do you feel that you're stressed out? Having a baby is a lot of hard work, and mental illness and stress sometimes don't go together well

I wanted to breastfeed but to many meds. I think I am more stressed than before I had my son, but it is better than it was right after I had him. He makes me laugh alot and I love him so much. Sometimes I think its because I got a mirena but than I remember complaining about it before that. My intrusive thoughts have become alot worse and more frequent also.

I went into a hypomanic episode after the birth of my daughter, it progressed to a mixed episode, which finally sent me looking for treatment. I was so very irritable. EVERYTHING would set me off. It was 18 months between the time my daughter was born, to where I was to the point of knowing something was definitely wrong. You could just be deteriorating. I would make an appt with your pdoc and tell them about all this.