CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Amalthea

Pregnant on Cymbalta, Wellbutrin?

Hi, I'm new and I've been searching online for information about the risks of staying on these meds throughout pregnancy. I have found the quantitative research turns up with conflicting studies and I'm now interested in anecdotal evidence. I'm 32 and plan on trying to get pregnant in the next year so I'm trying to get my med plan together depending on what I decide.

I have been given the green light by my pdoc to stay on these meds, but would like to hear some stories from others. Thanks!

Bump.

I hope someone responds, although you might look through the old topics in this forum to see if these meds have been addressed in the past.

olga

You may be able to get an appt with your OB/GYN and ask what their thoughts are.  Years ago when I had my kids they certainly had enough opinions about everything else.  Disclaimer: I have no experience.  I was completely fucking nuts when I was pregnant.  Completely.  Both times.  If you can find a way to stay on meds, it would be worth it in my opinion.  I was a paranoid manic hypochondriac with delusions.  "Let's buy a house!"  "I know she hates me, look at her shoes!"

Thanks y'all! I met with my pdoc and he suggested busbar for pregnancy so I'm about to start tapering off the 60mg of cymbalta. Fingers crossed!