CrazyBoards.org

Hello Everyone-

hoping for some insight from people who have schizophrenia as to how you experienced its onset.

EDIT: deleted most details, gonna wait for my appointment :/ 

Thanks for listening if you have read this/or the previous version, and if you have anything to share, double thanks,

Manny

Edited by Manuel

I am going to see a therapist this week and let him know my concerns... i just hope my other self (who wants to be normal) doesn't take over decide to not share anything. It always happens...and I leave feeling like I have betrayed myself.

Maybe you can print out this post you wrote so you can hand it to your therapist (tdoc) right when you see him, to make sure you tell him what you want to tell him and not leave feeling bad about yourself.

Thanks, I am considering this. I also sent him a small email saying the topic I wanted to discuss (hoping he will remind me).

I am going to see a therapist this week and let him know my concerns... i just hope my other self (who wants to be normal) doesn't take over decide to not share anything. It always happens...and I leave feeling like I have betrayed myself.

Maybe you can print out this post you wrote so you can hand it to your therapist (tdoc) right when you see him, to make sure you tell him what you want to tell him and not leave feeling bad about yourself.

oh here i go again. now i am thinking that nothing is "wrong" that I am just overreacting....

i HATE THIS.

so confused.

:(

I would still share what you want to talk about.  Even if it is just one thing.  For me it usually feels like a load off my shoulders when talking to my pdoc.  Like I can let go of those thoughts and move on with things.

Can second what melissa said. I slept like a log last night (for what felt like the first time in weeks), simply because I got the opportunity to talk about what was really on my mind.  Even if you think they are just small concerns, it can make a difference if you have someone to share them with.

Saw the therapist....I am exhausted now.

This happens to me too after talking to my pdoc (or a tdoc).  It takes a lot out of me and feels draining after I leave.  It's like getting rid of all this stress and my body is exhausted.

I think my doc and I see eye to eye which is nice. He did mention meds in passing and will likely bring it up later...when he did this my stomach did a "flip".  We'll see...he's never mentioned meds before so I am guessing he thinks I'm flown over the cuckoo's nest :P

But I'm happy :) We meet again in a week.

I'm so glad it went well!  It is nice when you find a good DR and you both see eye-to-eye. 

Hello Everyone-

hoping for some insight from people who have schizophrenia as to how you experienced its onset.

EDIT: deleted most details, gonna wait for my appointment :/ 

Thanks for listening if you have read this/or the previous version, and if you have anything to share, double thanks,

Manny

How I experienced the onset is that I first started seeing things. Then when I was 19 I had my first psychotic break.