CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone else lack a concept of time? I don't mean, like being distracted and hours roll by. I mean, not knowing the order of the months? Having to ask people what day it is multiple times in a day when filling out applications. Not knowing what year 'significant' life events happened or how old they were? The chronology of my life is a blur. Was wondering if anyone else knows where I'm coming from. :)

i have trouble with time. i can't order things very well chronologically and even when i think i have, i'm often shown wrong. i also lose track of ...like...duration of time. it scares the hell out of me that it's 2015. i don't really have a hold on how that's possible. i remember 2009 as a year, and 2011 sorta...but then it is blurry and there are chunks missing that i can't account for at all. 

even on day to day basis if you asked me how long something lasted or how long ago i did something, i always have to estimate and what i perceive as "an hour" can end up having really been ten minutes or eight hours. 

i have no idea what day of the week it is. i know it's morning. i also know it's february, but that's because it's a month away from march and march is going to be a big month for me. though the thought that i could literally perceive myself as waking and it would already be march is a real concern and could actually be my experience. i have no idea what day of the month it is...especially since i look and see melissa posted her reply and it's listed as "today" and not a date, so i couldn't even estimate... but i'm pretty sure it's still february.

: read melli's post. And I thought "ummm, pretty sure it's March" and then I checked my calendar.

Good thing I have a calendar (that I rely on heavily)! lololol. 

Yeah. I have to know the dates at work when someone comes in because it's very likely they'll ask "what day is it?" but when we have no one come in I don't know. A while back bf asked me to look for the academic calendar of his last semester in college. We both graduated different semesters, him in May and me in August but we both walked in May. I looked for the wrong year. And I looked for the 2014 spring semester. We graduated in 2012. And I was damn sure it was 2014. This was last fall. Like ummmm.... so you mean you've been out of school for a few months iaawal? sure....

Yes I can totally relate. When I try to think back about things that happened and when they happened, well that is such a blur. Everything is a blur. I cannot even begin to remember things like that. I wish I would have been better at recording things, such as in a notebook or on the computer. I wish I would have written dates down, times down, numbers down. I have chunks of events and time and duration of time that seem to have been taken out of my brain. They are just missing. I don't understand how this could have happened. It is all very confusing for me and scary too.

i have no idea what day of the week it is. i know it's morning. i also know it's february, but that's because it's a month away from march and march is going to be a big month for me. though the thought that i could literally perceive myself as waking and it would already be march is a real concern and could actually be my experience. i have no idea what day of the month it is...especially since i look and see melissa posted her reply and it's listed as "today" and not a date, so i couldn't even estimate... but i'm pretty sure it's still february.

Melli, yes, it is February 11th today (the day you posted above).

I suffer the same thing.  I have to ask what day it is, and then I struggle to remember the date from then on.

Days run together. because I am not doing anything during the day besides being on the computer, taking the dogs out, and I unload/reload the dishwasher.

There are times my mom has to remind me to take the dogs out.

I need to eat now.  Or my body is going to be mad at me.  Mmmmm...  chicken salad.

Edited by whatsizbucket

Does anyone else lack a concept of time? I don't mean, like being distracted and hours roll by. I mean, not knowing the order of the months? Having to ask people what day it is multiple times in a day when filling out applications. Not knowing what year 'significant' life events happened or how old they were? The chronology of my life is a blur. Was wondering if anyone else knows where I'm coming from. :)

Yes to the bolded. I don't have any issues with the order of the months, but ask me when specific events occurred and I can't always keep track.