CrazyBoards.org

Well my signature sort of says it all. Bipolar II, GAD, ADD. Cool stuff right there. Super fun. 

Anyway, I've been reading these boards for years. And I thought "hey, if reading helps, just think how much interacting could help!" And here I am. 

I love animals. I have ferrets. And two rescue horses. 

I have unusually strong feelings about fonts.

Bipolar, depression, anxiety, and the accompanying alcohol/drug abuse run up and down every branch of my family. They tend to dislike me for dealing with my shit. Apparently selling out to the pharmaceutical companies is a no go in my family. 

Most of me has come to grips with my disorder, and I try to be an "educator." One of those people who looks together enough professionally to tell people about my crazy in depth without getting in my own way. 

But fuck is that tiring. So. I'm looking forward to talking sometimes with people who hearing "man am I having a shitty day with my brain" and can reply with "been there." 

Sometimes I drop off the map for weeks at a time, because it's all I can do to sit at my job and pretend to be a human being. 

I am overwhelmingly uninterested in making other people feel comfortable. My favorite someecard says it best "I'm not a bitch, I'm a teller of unpopular truths." 

I hate expectations. 

I love tattoos. My back says "Don't worry, or worry but know that worrying is about as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum."

Welcome to Crazyboards!  I'm glad you came out of the woodwork and registered as a member.

I do agree that being a part of the community is a huge help, and I hope it is useful to you.  Some of my best friends are CB nutcases!  heh

Good luck. 

olga

welcome!

glad you joined and un-lurked.  and gladder still that you have found ways and meds to help things work better for you.

i am impressed and thankful there are people like you out there doing the PSA educating. can only imagine how tiring it must be.  so much uphill work, so much stigma to fight.

(i'm a train-wreckier sort of MI at this moment/this life, so i tend to tell people about my illness as a dissuasion or warning.  look out, bad things will happen!  then when bad things happen, i feel like a bad bipolar whatever person failing to represent for the rest of y'all.  but i digress.)

i am impressed and thankful there are people like you out there doing the PSA educating. can only imagine how tiring it must be. so much uphill work, so much stigma to fight.

(i'm a train-wreckier sort of MI at this moment/this life, so i tend to tell people about my illness as a dissuasion or warning. look out, bad things will happen! then when bad things happen, i feel like a bad bipolar whatever person failing to represent for the rest of y'all. but i digress.)

Oh don't worry, I give my fair share of warnings! My train wrecks just all happen in my personal relationships instead of my professional ones :) And I'm here to say that I have never felt let down by a fellow crazy person. I'm impressed with the effort it takes just for us to be alive every day! Edited by Psychological Topography