CrazyBoards.org

Strattera and antidepressants

I take citalopram (Celexa) and mirtazapine (Remeron), and they work ok. Even at that they work for me mainly for anxiety. They are the only antidepressants that have ever worked at all for me.

Everybody is different. What works for me might not work for you and what works for you probably won't work for me. It's really all trial-and-error to find the right meds.

I have really only tried lexapro 10mg, paxil 40mg, and prozac 20mg. The paxil and prozac were the only 2 that were effective for my anxiety/ocd. I was off AD for awhile but things got out of control with my anxiety and ocd that my doctor put me back on prozac after 4 years of being off. I am only on 20mg but have noticed an improvement in my anxiety/ocd. My grandma takes 10mg of prozac and it really helps her with depression/grief. So I think prozac is effective for anxiety & depression. 

I take wellbutrin for ADHD and effexor for anxiety. It helps. The prozac also helped immensely with anxiety. Can't speak much about citalopram and viibryd since I was a wreck while I was on them. Don't know if they help for my depression though. 

But I know someone who takes wellbutrin and is doing pretty well. 

I tried tryciclic AD, zoloft, celexa, lexapro.

So far I like Effexor the most. It lowers libido and caused weight loss. The first 3 days were hell. I had trouble walking and doing chores.

I also wanted Brintellix but my pdoc said it causes weight gain. I tend to favor the newer antidepressants and always newer meds.