CrazyBoards.org

feeling like someone else

I'm a 19 year old straight girl and I'm having instances where I feel like a man. I'm not sure what's going on, but, well...

One night, I'm sitting at my pc  looking at pictures of models, and all of a sudden I start thinking sexual thoughts about these woman feeling like a man. I freak out, do something else, and it stops.

Second time... I'm again looking at pictures - just regular pictures of women in a magazine - and again the sexual thoughts start and I begin feeling like someone else. I again freak out. It stops.

A few night ago, I was daydreaming and then the daydream turned sexual... and and I then felt a man start thinking for me again: sexual fantasies involving women... that time, the feeling lasted longer and I actuallly felt a penis, which freaked me out seeing as I dont have one.

wtf?

This hasn't happened alot, only a few times, and the feelingn is pretty fleeting, but its' freaking me out.  I have no clue what's going on. It wouldn't be so bad if it was jus thtoughts, but I feel like someone else, like a man takes over when I start to feel like this. Anyone else experience this? Any insight or advice is appreciated.

Don't have experience with your situation, but I can ask some questions that might help others give you an answer.

1.  Have you talked to any kind of doc about this?  Pdoc, tdoc, family doc?  If so, what, if anything have they dx'ed and what, if anything, have they done to treat it?

2.  Do you have any other MI issues or past brain injury stuff?

3.  Are you on any crazymeds?

4.  Have you considered the possibility that this may be a sexual orientation thing and you brain isn't handling it very well?

5.  Have you ever had any other experiences of feeling like you were being taken over by a different person?

I know it's disturbing to you. I'm wondering if this is nothing more than simple sexual fantasizing, where there is nothing wrong. I think most people have fantasized about being the other gender at some point. Is there something about this experience that makes you think it is more than this?

synthetic's Qs are good ones...I think we're trying to ask the same thing.

Sorry, I shoudl've included this info in my first post. To answer synthetic's questions:

1.  Have you talked to any kind of doc about this?  Pdoc, tdoc, family doc?  If so, what, if anything have they dx'ed and what, if anything, have they done to treat it?

I had an evaluation last week. I'm not sure what I've been diagnosed with, but they mentioned depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and "paranoia" (but I don't believe I'm paranoid, my suspicions are realistic). My occupational therapist, whom I just started workign with, mentioned psychosis, but I don't think I have that, so I dont believe her. I just started addressing these problems, but I've been experiencing them for over two years. I didn't tell them about this, though.

2.  Do you have any other MI issues or past brain injury stuff?

No brain injuries.

3.  Are you on any crazymeds?

Not yet.

4.  Have you considered the possibility that this may be a sexual orientation thing and you brain isn't handling it very well?

I've never been attracted to women or thought about them in a sexual context. So this feeling is new and kind of freaky to me. It's just kind of weird that I feel like someone else, but it may be just fantasizing as revlow mentioned. But I'm just worried that I may be developing something else. I don't want to lose my mind.

5.  Have you ever had any other experiences of feeling like you were being taken over by a different person?

No. But I do feel like I'm being watched, not by an evil spirit, but by a spirit, but I don't think it posesses me, just watches. But this is the only time I've actually felt like I'm being taken over by someone else.

I hope I've added some clarity to my first post.

Thanks for the replies synthetic and revlow.

I had an evaluation last week. I'm not sure what I've been diagnosed with, but they mentioned depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and "paranoia" (but I don't believe I'm paranoid, my suspicions are realistic). My occupational therapist, whom I just started workign with, mentioned psychosis, but I don't think I have that, so I dont believe her. I just started addressing these problems, but I've been experiencing them for over two years. I didn't tell them about this, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that you have been experiencing these problems for over two years is something that you probably ought to share.  Kind of an important bit of info.  Why exactly is it that you don't believe the psychosis dx?  It would seem to me that would be one of the leading candidates for the cause of your problems.

I've never been attracted to women or thought about them in a sexual context. So this feeling is new and kind of freaky to me. It's just kind of weird that I feel like someone else, but it may be just fantasizing as revlow mentioned. But I'm just worried that I may be developing something else. I don't want to lose my mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not losing your mind is always a good thing.  I would recommend exploring this topic with a therapist.  If you come to the conclusion that it is not a sexual identity problem, that would provide further evidence that it may be psychosis or some sort of personality disorder thing.  Of course, it could be both.

No. But I do feel like I'm being watched, not by an evil spirit, but by a spirit, but I don't think it posesses me, just watches. But this is the only time I've actually felt like I'm being taken over by someone else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, could be several different explanations for these symptoms.  I would definitely recommend talking to your pdoc about this.  If it is some sort of brainmessedupedness problem, treating it now is better than treating it later.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Archived