CrazyBoards.org

Constant Headaches

I'm currently taking 200mg of Quetiapine and 200mg of Lamotrigine. I'm trying to figure out if they're the cause of my headaches.

I wake up with a headache every morning, no matter how much or little I sleep and no matter what time I get up. They sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. The only way to POSSIBLY avoid one is to take some ibuprofen before I go to sleep, and if I forget, I'll just end up taking it when I get up in the morning. I've tried eating a little bit before bed... I've tried drinking a full glass of water before bed. The only result for that was that I have to get up and use the bathroom in the middle of the night, which is pretty disruptive for me when my medications are so sedating that actually getting up, to the bathroom, and back is pretty difficult. And then I end up having to get up again in the early hours of the morning, and it doesn't prevent the headache anyway. I already have a blood panel scheduled, just to see if anything's going on with my kidneys, but I doubt it.

I don't want to constantly take ibuprofen, since the medications I take aren't exactly easy on the liver. What I'm doing right now is how my aunt ended up with a bleeding ulcer. Her migraines are a lot different from mine, though, as they are caused by a medical condition that I don't have. I plan on bringing it up with my doctor, if I can't find a solution, but the combination of medications I'm taking right now is working really well, and I don't want to throw yet one more thing into the mix, or have to adjust anything when I've finally found a balance that works well for me.

Who else has had this problem? Did you find a solution, and if so, what was it?

Thanks.

Taking ibuprofen every day is making your headaches worse. You should use it 3 times a week, max, or you will start getting what are called rebound headaches. I know it is really hard not to reach for that bottle when you are in pain, but you are going to have more headaches if you use it daily.

Unfortunately, both Lamictal and Seroquel list headache as a side effect.

Which med did you start first? Did you notice that you had headaches at that point?

Oh, and Seroquel specifically mentioned headaches upon awakening.

I'm currently taking 200mg of Quetiapine and 200mg of Lamotrigine. I'm trying to figure out if they're the cause of my headaches.

I wake up with a headache every morning, no matter how much or little I sleep and no matter what time I get up. 

I'm sorry.

Why do you think the headaches have anything to do with your meds?

Did they start when you started the meds?

Waking up with a migraine every single day is hell.

Definitely see your mdoc immediately.

You can also see an neurologist.

Migraines are so complicated.

Mine started in childhood and similar but different from others.

Some people like cold, some like hot.

I have an arsenal of meds I take.

Fiorinal, pseudoephedrine, advil.

A hot shower directed right on my sinuses.

My meds will not work once the migraine has fully flowered.

Extremely important I head the migraine off at the pass.

Start a food and mood journal.

This is can help find the trigger.

You could be allergic to something that you were not before.

It could be your laundry detergent.

What changed in your life when the migraines started?