CrazyBoards.org

Met my new Pdoc today.

I dunno why really but I felt the need to just make a whole post about this.

So, as predicted, he's changing up my meds. And thank god because I'm not sure how much longer I could on the way I'm going. He's tapering me off of Celexa and taking me straight off the depakote and putting me on Lamictal instead. I go back in a month so he can see how it's going. He also referred me to a therapist for DBT. I have to call and make sure she takes my insurance though.

And his office has online patient portals so I can look up parts of my file online. he's sending me to have new blood work done to make sure there's nothing physically wrong. I get this every time I get a new Pdoc or GP. There always like "Well, better check your thyroid!". Does anyone else get this?

In the meantime he's got listed anxiety disorder NOS, mood disorder NOS and deferred axis ii diagnosis. I don't know what that last one means. Suppose it doesn't really matter though, hey.

I feel better now that my appointment is over. I feel better knowing that my meds are being changed.

But holy shit, one of the chairs in his office was suede and you could tell someone had touched it and ran their hand along it the wrong way and the whole entire time it was driving me nuts to look at! Arghh.

Edited by *justalittleunstable*

I hope the med changes work!

I don't know. Maybe because the thyroid can affect your mental state? My current pdoc didn't send me in for blood work, she took my IP blood work as most current since it was only a few months before and she's never sent me for new blood work. 

I don't know what the last one means either. 

My pdoc has me going to get a physical w/ blood work. I go next week. Same thing -- thyroid check. All this bc I asked her to lower my Abilify dose. I guess it couldn't hurt (the physical, I mean, it's been 10 years since my last physical), but still, I am certain it was the Abilify causing my lethargy problem bc I already feel more energetic since we started lowering it.

Good luck with the med changes and the blood work. Hope all works out well for you!

I'm so glad everything went well with your new pdoc.  I think they test the thyroid because the thyroid effects/has an effect on just about everything in your body.  It can also have to do with your metabolism, so if your thyroid levels are not normal, it could affect the metabolism of your meds.

(The suede being rubbed the wrong way bothers me too lol ... )

Good luck with the med changes.  I hope they help!

Thanks everyone, I really am hoping the med change helps. I've been up and down constantly the last month or so and I'm so exhausted.

I did not know that thyroid can affect metabolism. There you go, learnt something new today :)

Haha, glad I'm not not the only one melissaw72! I fought the urge to get up and fix it the whole time I was there.

Haha, glad I'm not not the only one melissaw72! I fought the urge to get up and fix it the whole time I was there.

I think I would have given in to the urge to do it, and gotten up and fixed it.  Sometimes things have to be "just right" or I can't concentrate on what I'm talking/thinking about.

I think I would have given in to the urge to do it, and gotten up and fixed it.  Sometimes things have to be "just right" or I can't concentrate on what I'm talking/thinking about.

Same here. My husband helped tidy the kitchen, and mixed up the alphabetical order of my herbs and spices. I thought I had run out. I now have extra turmeric, cumin and pepper corns. I know that throwing away the open ones is illogical, but its bugging me. First world problems :)

http://www.brainexplorer.org/factsheets/psychiatry%20diagnosis.pdfthe third page of this site gives a good explanation about what the axis system is and what everything means :)

What a great link! Here's the pertinent quote: 

An Axis II diagnosis should not be made while the patient is suffering from an Axis I diagnosis. For example, a person with depression should not be diagnosed with a personality disorder while the depression is still present; depression does not allow a true evaluation of a person’s personality. In this case the Axis II diagnosis is ‘deferred’.

I get sent for bloodwork once a year, they don't just check your thyroid, they check your cholesterol levels and other things too. I guess coz meds can mess with cholesterol levels. That's actually how I found out I had high cholesterol, not from my gp, but through my psych blood work.

Yeah, I looked at the paperwork he gave me for it and there were a bunch of other things on there too. He said he's going to send me again after my next appointment to check how the Lamictal is doing I guess.

So I just woke up and I had a sex dream about him last night. I feel so awkward now.

EDIT: so my lab results just came back and the only thing on their that was not right was my cholesterol was a little high. But then, I didn't fast before my test, I ate taco bell. So now I'm not sure if that's good or bad like, is it good that my mental health problems aren't caused by a physical illness? Or is it bad because basically I'm just fucked.

Edited by *justalittleunstable*

Yeah, and I didn't know that until I got to the place and I really couldn't come back so they said I could just do it anyway if I wanted. They said if my doctor wanted me to redo it he would send me back. I figured I would just risk it because none of the other ones needed me to fast.

Yeah, and I didn't know that until I got to the place and I really couldn't come back so they said I could just do it anyway if I wanted. They said if my doctor wanted me to redo it he would send me back. I figured I would just risk it because none of the other ones needed me to fast.

I would have done the same thing.