CrazyBoards.org

Sometimes I pick my nose.

22 years old. Fully grown. Work two jobs. Engaged. I seem like your normal and functional adult. And when nobody is looking I very rudely bare fingered pick my nose. 
Sure, if I come up with gold I'll grab a kleenex and clean up. 
Sure, I'll wash my hands.

But nothing beats going in there with naked fingers. How can you feel which way to pick or how to dig out that lil booger that's been bugging you?

I am disgusting.

It makes me think of the book Rant, the part where the kid saves his boogers on the wall. That was me as a kid. I had a spot next to my pillow that I had to clean on the wall.

I still can't break myself of this.

Please don't judge too harshly.

I wanted to give a real confession.

If it helps, you're definitely not alone. I have no data to back it up (and I don't want to make you feel invalidated), but my hunch is that it's so common as to be almost universal, probably. You're in good company. 

Gotta love Pubmed. Here's this for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7852253

Edited by The Dead Guy

Yeah I am sure it's one of those things most people have done when only god was looking.

It's like when you're wiping off and you miss the tp and accidentally get a little shit on your hand. You wash it off really good and never tell anyone, but secretly feel ashamed you're an adult and you messed up. Maybe not. I crazy.

check out the percentage of people who said yes to #1:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/are-you-exceptionally-gross#.vhj1jn8V5

and check out the first two here, especially because this version has the actual number of people who have responded

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/how-disgusting-are-you-compared-to-everyone-else#.uikGL9zWK

I love picking my nose.

I don't really see why it's disgusting.  It's my body.  I'm not sure why using my hands to touch a thing in my my own body is disgusting.

Granted I don't do it in public and I dispose of my boogers properly.

I also like popping pimples.

I do wash my hands afterwards on both counts so no one catches my cooties.

I do draw the line at playing with my own poop or that of anyone else because it's sticky and it smells bad.

Oh lordie I love picking my nose. It's common, people just don't talk about it because we think others will think we're gross when really the other person is more often than not also keeping their nose picking secret because they think you'll think they're gross. I mean, I don't recommend going up to your acquaintances and digging for gold or talking about your latest expedition, but you can generally assume that the person in front of you does, when nobody is looking, occasionally pick their nose and isn't telling you about it.

I'll outgross you all and say not only do I pick my nose...but I EAT IT.  I like taste.  Hey, it came out of my body, it can go back into it.  That's what I figure.  I don't do it in front of anyone but my husband (who I also pee in front off, so I'm just gross).  

My husband sometimes doesn't close the door when he takes a shit. I really wish he would. I've even said I'll never feel comfortable shitting in front of him HINT, HINT.

Jarn I hope you make an exception for what comes out and what goes back in for shit.

And I mean I actually *say* "HINT, HINT."

I also eat mine, habit I've never been able to break since childhood. Not my shit though. :P

I don't pee or poop in front of my bf, but I never fully close the door all the way. I always walk in on him though and hug him while he pees. Because I'm a weirdo. 

Edited by iaawal

I used to eat them but stopped when I was about 10.  I still pick my nose though and do it often.  I believe the reason I rarely ever get sick is because I bite my nails and pick my nose, therefore building up my immune system by accidentally ingesting microbes.