CrazyBoards.org

Psychotic folks - how many of you confront those that are "wronging you?"

I've confronted numerous people in a variety of places and under different circumstances. I usually don't confront until I've run a fair amount if surveillance and have what I see as a lot of justification. Unless I'm really quite unwell and then I can be more immediately reactionary.

It has *never* gone well.

Best case scenario I make a lot of accusations/confront and the other doesn't engage me, which enrages me in the moment, but then later when I'm more stable the relationship isn't completely soured. Or, if it's not really a relationship to go bad but more a public situation, best case scenario is I'm removed from it before doing enough damage to never go back again.

Actually, thinking on it, the other best case scenario is they reassure me they aren't out to get me or in league with the them, etc, and I continue to disbelieve their protests and be suspicious...and then later I apologize when I'm more stable and cautiously hope they weren't lying but then it sucks to think I could be do delusional...it's never really a win...

Edited by mellifluous

I get you. I've asked my bf if he's sent someone to kill me (I think i have at least) and have confronted him about alleged affairs (are you leaving me for a cow?). I have mentioned to my last two docs my suspicions about them. But again, they're safe. 

Edited by iaawal

I've had thoughts about my pdoc (she's trying to trap me into saying I am not disabled enough for SSI, for example) and the psych nurse I saw (he was trying to trick me into...basically the same thing) but I went over that with my therapist and that set my mind at ease.

So far my therapist has been outside any paranoia.

I wrote in the other thread that someone in the house went through my garbage once, and it made me take measures to prevent them from doing so again. That happened like six years ago and I never confronted him about it, and he died two and a half years ago but the paranoia about garbage remained.

I don't confront but I do argue my point that what I am saying could possibly be true. I do hold in a lot, too,but it makes me angry when people dismiss what I am saying.

FWIW now that I know those thoughts were most likely delusions I can see that they had good intentions, maybe going around it the wrong way for me.

A lot of the time, I try to argue back but the words just aren't there, and it is only after the person leaves that I say to myself, "I should have said (this or that)."  I tend to think of things after the fact.

I do that all of the time.

A lot of the time, I try to argue back but the words just aren't there, and it is only after the person leaves that I say to myself, "I should have said (this or that)."  I tend to think of things after the fact.

This is pretty much how I operate.

The last time I confronted someone was my pdoc. I questioned her on some things and it was kind of awkward but the whole situation was making me paranoid so I felt to relieve the paranoia I had to confront her. 

I plan to confront my family doctor when I see her again (which wont be for a good while) to make sure she knows good and well not to tell me which psych meds to take and not to take. That is up to pdoc. 

Other than these instances, I am not a confrontational person. 

Yes, I have... normally if affects my behaviour with certain people because I get angry at them and it interferes with the relationship... I try to control it though cause to me its a huge RED flag to other people that I am insane....

Oh... when I did confront, it never went well.... maybe close family is different....

^On the same note ... if I do (on very rare occasions) confront someone, it always seems to be that, "it's her MI" mentality that is making her confront people, being "difficult."  But with any other person without MI, it is considered part of every day life, where people have their opinions and confront others.  I hate this stigma.

I just failed to confront someone, and it was over the whole "going through garbage" thing again.

So what do I do? I try to throw stuff out and someone decides to go through it.

Also, what melissaw72 said about "MI mentality." I have been told that I couldn't possibly be that angry at someone who was harassing me and there must be something wrong with my meds or brain to have me get angry about that.

I don't confront, because I don't like to let onto people that I know what they're doing.  I feel like if I did, they'd alter their plans and I'd have to figure out their new conspiracy, whereas now, I know it, and can respond without them realizing.