CrazyBoards.org

Xanax and lowered inhibitions?

Hey guys. My doctor just put me back on Xanax last month. He started me at .25 mg BID, and it was not quite sufficient. Thus, he bumped it up to .5, which is what it was when I took it before. One thing I notice now, though, is that I'm even more mouthy, which is not really a good thing. I'm not nervous about someone's reactions, because the Xanax is simply making me feel like everything is just peachy, kind of like the color of the pill. Other than that, I feel like it's working well. 

Obviously, I am responsible for what I say and do, and it would be wrong for me to suggest that the medication is solely to blame. When I am not in a state of high anxiety, I am actually quite laid back and tend to say what's on my mind. Still, I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who's ran into problems like this, where their mental problems have actually inhibited other negative attributes. I suppose when it comes down to it, some of us have multiple layers of craziness.  <_<

I've only been on the higher dose since Friday. The lower dose had little effect. I don't seem to have any problem with driving or walking around. It just seems like I have a more carefree attitude about certain things, so I have a looser tongue. It could be considered clouded judgment, which is a sign of intoxication. Perhaps I just need some time to adjust to the higher dose and should try to speak less in the mean time.  :shame: