CrazyBoards.org

Do ever episodes worsen?

I just want to ask if you ever have a manic or depressive episode, if the level of the intensity of the episode changes.

So for example lets set a scale....so 1 is completely depressed and 10 is going completely crazy with mania so would that be possible (example, not me)

A day being manic

10-12           8

12-14           9

14-16           8

16-18           7

18-20           10

20-22            8

22-00            7

00-02            9

A day being depressed 

same as above but on the other side

Just askin if it's possible to change levels or you stay the same level all the time???Just wondering because a logical part of me doesn't want to get higher even if I do..

Do you mean within the space of a day? Or over the period of the episode?

For me, over the last few years I've noticed my episodes have become much more distinct, kind of like my illness has changed since u was younger (I dunno, can it do that?). Anyway, my depression is always bad but I notice that the longer it sticks around the more seem to be leaning almost towards psychosis. That's how I see it anyway. With hypomania, it seems to escalate also. I mean, there always the obvious switch but I seem to get more and more and more manic before I eventually crash.

I hope that made some kind of sense.

Do you mean within the space of a day? Or over the period of the episode?

For me, over the last few years I've noticed my episodes have become much more distinct, kind of like my illness has changed since u was younger (I dunno, can it do that?). Anyway, my depression is always bad but I notice that the longer it sticks around the more seem to be leaning almost towards psychosis. That's how I see it anyway. With hypomania, it seems to escalate also. I mean, there always the obvious switch but I seem to get more and more and more manic before I eventually crash.

I hope that made some kind of sense.

During the period of the episode I mean and during the day also,Today for example I've been going sometimes completely out of control broke my wordrobe and then I'm still all over the place but you can still talk to me and I'm just cheerful and talk a lot :) , like now.

My severe depressive episodes stopped when I was 35. Now I have mixed or dysphoric manias. They got worse and worse, until I was put on lithium. We hadn't tried lithium right away, because I became toxic at 900 mg. Now I'm on 600mg.

Then I was moderately depressed for two years (as in somewhat functional; I wasn't functional *at all* in my pre-35 depressive episodes).

Now with the Latuda, I consider myself euthymic. I hope I don't find out that I can get really bad on Latuda.

Oh, episodes can change, all right. They can gets worse the longer they last, you can start just irritable and anxious and wake up abso-fucking-lutely insane-there are really no rules. Like Crt, my episodes changed patterns over time, too. The ones I had when I was in my teens and twenties were not like the ones in my thirties.