CrazyBoards.org

I have very similar symptoms right down to thinking my eyes were cameras too. It's eerie the similarity. My insight comes and goes. At times I am completely convinced I do not have this illness. Unfortunately that is also a symptom too. It definitely does feel like being in hell. I take my meds and have for the past 16 years and my symptoms still bother me too much.

if u mean by voices being smarter that they seem to outsmart yourself (the voice hearer), then yes, it does *appear* (big emphasis on appear because its probably a symptom) that way for me too. i, like u, need a lot of assurance so that this doesnt run my life. its definitely hard but one thing a girl at a partial hospital program i attend now told me of a trick she uses to assure herself that what she is experiencing is part of her illness. she says she tells herself that she is not a mindreader. maybe itll help u too?

has anyone noticed their voices being smarter than the voice hearer?

Sometimes.  Sometimes I actually learn from the voices.  Example is that at one point the voices used the words "in kilter," and I had no idea what that meant.  I hadn't even known of that word ever before.  So I looked up the definition, and it made sense in terms of what the voices were telling me (ie not just some random word) ... so I learned from the voices.

It was actually a big relief to read your post. Thankyou for writing it. I have felt for many years that my eyes were cameras/other people could look through them, which left me with a big aversion to mirrors/reflective surfaces in general because I didn't want them seeing me. 

I have had random thoughts that come out of nowhere, then shortly after something happens that has me convinced I can see glimpses of the future. That being said, my entire extended family also lays claim to this esp ability - which sorta makes me even more convinced that is in fact a real and genetically inherited trait.

Other thoughts have included that I am a minor god/deity of rain, thunder and lightning. 

It was actually a big relief to read your post. Thankyou for writing it. I have felt for many years that my eyes were cameras/other people could look through them, which left me with a big aversion to mirrors/reflective surfaces in general because I didn't want them seeing me. 

I have had random thoughts that come out of nowhere, then shortly after something happens that has me convinced I can see glimpses of the future. That being said, my entire extended family also lays claim to this esp ability - which sorta makes me even more convinced that is in fact a real and genetically inherited trait.

Other thoughts have included that I am a minor god/deity of rain, thunder and lightning. 

In bold, THIS, exactly. This led to my believing in the conspiracy of ducks.

• 1 month later...