CrazyBoards.org

Is Hyperfocus ADD ?

Q... HB

I have ADD without H, and I still have a very, very low threshold for boredom. And I can't concentrate on anything unless I'm really into it, then you can't pull me away.

Quote...HB

I just read this and it is got me thinking that I have developed this intense mental

focus which seems to be close to what HB has described above.

My question is could the stimulating effect of lexapro cause this "hyperfocus"

which leads me to procrastinate the work that I should be doing right now.

The only other explaination I can think of is that during this time of year I tend

to get this "hypermanic" feeling.

At any rate I don't feel myself.....

Boyd

Q... HB

I have ADD without H, and I still have a very, very low threshold for boredom. And I can't concentrate on anything unless I'm really into it, then you can't pull me away.

Quote...HB

I just read this and it is got me thinking that I have developed this intense mental

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When the Parnate I'm taking overshoots the mark with serotonin levels I get OCDish

about doing anything BUT work. Much of the last two-three months is more of a

blur than it should be. It's more of my focus being pulled away and scattered, but

still very hard to turn back to even what I want to get done that's in front of me.

For me overfocus is more of a dive head-on into something, to the point that time

is just a sad abstraction. Hours of thought taking minutes on the clock, and then

next thing you know it's far later than you thought. The rest of teh world just goes

away...  From an outsider's POV it must seem sad. But when the task  requires holding 

a lot of information in live storage and working with it from multiple angles, or just

banging at a problem until it cracks, *I* am not the one handicapped.

Hm. In the first case the brain fog is almost worse than unmedicated - disconnected as

usual, but stuck with no way out. The second  -  it has it's own sort of clarity when

it's going.

As to "stimulating" and "Lexapro"  ... unless EPS/RLS counts as stimulating, that wasn't

what it was for me.  Took three weeks for my jaw to heal, too.

The only other explaination I can think of is that during this time of year I tend

to get this "hypermanic" feeling.

At any rate I don't feel myself.....

Boyd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hard to say when there are three or more things going on at once (meds, season changes,

memories, change of pace of life, amy mental issues). It's like picking at a knotted kite string. 

Jemini's been on more of the SSRI med-go-round than I - so he might have some insight

if he sees the thread.

Q... HB

Quote...HB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When the Parnate I'm taking overshoots the mark with serotonin levels I get OCDish

about doing anything BUT work. Much of the last two-three months is more of a

blur than it should be.

Any way I am not going to worry about it........

BT B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good, cuz you got bigger fish to fry--like what your are buying me and Crazy Cat for Christmas.

Sometimes I think I have a touch of OCD, but you wouldn't know it looking at my house. I'm not shopping for another DX anyway, except yesterday I diagnosed myself with TMI, actually the impulse control-related TMI is a symptom of ADD, so I reckon I gots me a medical excuse, Jed.

Stay warm and drive safely. I'm on my way to pdoc.

HB

Archived