CrazyBoards.org

really screwed up this time

Met this drop dead gorgous gal last night and we really hit it off. Then I made the mistake of telling her of the BP. She didn't react at the time, but after numerous emails today, she tells me that she might be a little concerned about it.

So my advice is NEVER TELL until much later. I feel that I'd be lying, but most don't understand.

Now I am probably going to be single for the rest of my days however few they might be.

Hawkeye, if you've met one gorgeous, terrific woman--do you think she's the only one left in this country?  C'mon, there are lots more around.

Here's the lesson, and it has nothing to do with your MI issues.  When you first meet someone, ask about them and be a little mysterious about you.  Also, don't mention your ex-wife.  I used to have bets with girlfriends about how long it would be before a man mentioned his ex-wife.

Focus on the other person.  Blind her with the radiance of your personality.  Lots of time later on for True Confessions and talk about medical stuff.

olga

You're too lovely to stay single.

Seriously, props to you for being so honest, but I agree with the others, I wouldn't expect someone to tell me right from the first date we had that they had a severe mental illness. Not because it is shameful secret, in fact, because it *isn't*. Mi is just a part of your life, it doesn't dominate, negate or spoil you, however much it feels like it does. Yes MI does affect your life and how you conduct your relationship, but MI is not who you are, the girl was going on a date with Hawkeye, not MI! MI is like children or allergies or an ex wife or an old conviction, you disclose it if a relationship is definitely on the cards, not on a first date.

You're too lovely to stay single.

Ahhh Geee your making me blush now...

I have realized now that one just can't be as open as maybe one would like to be. And especially at first. I don't lie, but I have to just not say. I can handle that as not lying. The last two that I was in love with but betrayed me with lies. I swore that I would not do the same to another.

I just simply try and be my interesting self ;) when I meet someone new. I can't change who I am anymore then I can change my past. What I have heard so frequently is that women like the 'bad boys' and that leave me out. I am a gentle man. Strong, caring, devoted, etc, but gentle. I just can't be the bastard that some men are and those are the ones that seem to be successful. 

Archived