CrazyBoards.org

It's open season on crazies.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

The cameraman and witnesses are lucky they weren't shot too. It seems that every week there is a new video or story coming out regarding the absolute brutality of the American police force. But what can you expect when you grant thugs and bullies badges and guns and a licence to murder with impunity.

Unless there are protests over this on a Ferguson scale, it will all be swept under the rug and forgotten about in a weeks time. Until individual officers are prosecuted and justly imprisoned for charges of murder over incidents like this, then it will continue to happen with increasing frequency. Unfortunately this appeal will land on the deaf ears of an increasingly apathetic public who are becoming rapidly desensitised to the inherent violence of law enforcement. And not just in the US.

This incident should strike a chord with users of this site. It's easy to ignore the plight of others when we don't identify with them, when things strike closer to home however , that experience should serve as a catalyst to help voice your outrage. To remember that a government and its servants should be fearful of its citizens, not the other way around.

It's ok to be shocked, it's fine to have lost your words. But when they come back to you, please remember to use them.

And on that note, goodbye US holiday visa.

This annoys me so much, I would get in the middle of that confrontation  and take the bullet. I don't give a shit, I would not let that man die. American police is a racist and violent terrorism organization. Killing homeless people is wrong, you have to be an idiot not to know that. Get rid of your guns, use a tazer for fucks sake.

This is unacceptable, sort your police out Obama. 

Edited by StJimmy9151

Obama is not in charge of local police. This needs to be done at a city level. The exception is when the Justice Dept. looks into it as a civil rights violation, but that is rare. The LAPD is a particularly brutal force. As this is the exact same topic as the other post, I'm merging them.

Also, we do not use the term "retarded" on CBs, as you already know.

Obama is not in charge of local police. This needs to be done at a city level. The exception is when the Justice Dept. looks into it as a civil rights violation, but that is rare. The LAPD is a particularly brutal force. As this is the exact same topic as the other post, I'm merging them.

Also, we do not use the term "retarded" on CBs, as you already know.

changed it, and anyway it's up to obama to take firearms away from normal police officers across the US on a federal level

Edited by StJimmy9151

I'm not defending or cheering on Obama, but he's the president not a dictator. He can't just take all the guns away, and besides, corruption is the point, not guns. Not that I'm pro gun.

This whole thing makes me sick.

He could at least propose. I bet the African american community is pissed off with him as well.

Obama is absolutely not in a position, legally or morally, to take guns away from police officers. The second amendment makes that impossible.

I wish that our country didn't arm every officer, but it does. And as I said, police departments are run on the city, or at best state level. If there is *widespread* civil rights abuses (not just too many shootings, civil rights are specific), police depts. fall under the jurisdiction of the Justice Dept.

Obama has power to appt. Attorney Generals, but the Justice Dept. does *not* fall under Obama's authority. He heads the Executive branch, but he has no legal right to interfere in executive agencies because of ancient court decisions. He has spoken out about these sorts of events on several occasions, and half the country goes ape-shit because of his *remarks.* If he were to try to limit gun ownership, he'd be shot. It's a miracle he hasn't been shot already just for daring to be black.

And I bet, wait, no, I know, that the African American community strongly supports Obama. He is not, I repeat not, responsible for these shootings. People who know how the Federal Govt. works know his limitations.

You do not know how the American government works. There's no reason you should, but you don't know what you are talking about. Obama has been the victim of police misconduct, himself, although fortunately, it hasn't risen to the level of shooting.

This homeless, crazy black man was representative of many homeless people, both because of his mental health and his color. He was more likely killed because he was crazy and fought back than because he was black (he was struggling and punching police). Unfortunately, "crazy" is not a protected class, meaning he was not part of a group that falls under civil rights jurisdiction. We can hope that an officer will be indicted, but that is the best we can hope for. One of the things that sucks about the US. Nonetheless, Obama is not King.

Edited by crtclms

If the guy was scrambling to get the police officers gun, it's going to be hard to get any kind of indictment. The problem with almost all these police shooting is the are arguably justified the instant before the gun is fired, but I feel so many of those situations could be avoided with some patience and better training. Not to mention the even larger situation, which is that there shouldn't be any homeless people, and everyone should have access to mental health care. So fuck everything about this. 

In the video, I see that there are four police officers restraining the victim on the ground while *two* police officers went off to cuff what looks like a 10-year-old girl who had picked up a night stick and seemed to be thinking about hitting the officers with it. Are you kidding me? That's a good encapsulation of how despised the cops are. 

Obama is absolutely not in a position, legally or morally, to take guns away from police officers. The second amendment makes that impossible.

I wish that our country didn't arm every officer, but it does. And as I said, police departments are run on the city, or at best state level. If there is *widespread* civil rights abuses (not just too many shootings, civil rights are specific), police depts. fall under the jurisdiction of the Justice Dept.

Obama has power to appt. Attorney Generals, but the Justice Dept. does *not* fall under Obama's authority. He heads the Executive branch, but he has no legal right to interfere in executive agencies because of ancient court decisions. He has spoken out about these sorts of events on several occasions, and half the country goes ape-shit because of his *remarks.* If he were to try to limit gun ownership, he'd be shot. It's a miracle he hasn't been shot already just for daring to be black.

And I bet, wait, no, I know, that the African American community strongly supports Obama. He is not, I repeat not, responsible for these shootings. People who know how the Federal Govt. works know his limitations.

You do not know how the American government works. There's no reason you should, but you don't know what you are talking about. Obama has been the victim of police misconduct, himself, although fortunately, it hasn't risen to the level of shooting.

This homeless, crazy black man was representative of many homeless people, both because of his mental health and his color. He was more likely killed because he was crazy and fought back than because he was black (he was struggling and punching police). Unfortunately, "crazy" is not a protected class, meaning he was not part of a group that falls under civil rights jurisdiction. We can hope that an officer will be indicted, but that is the best we can hope for. One of the things that sucks about the US. Nonetheless, Obama is not King.

That's it's true and I get that you know more. It just freaks me out, because if you read my blogs I punched a police officer when I was manic in the past, because I was resisting to go with police officers and I was tazed but if they had a gun I might not have put my hands in the air. It freaks me out that I could have been that man in that video, it really does.... :(

Edited by StJimmy9151

Obama is a total narcissist, he's giving the police military gear, raping the constitution, causing all the race violence, our enemies don't fear us, and out allies don't trust us, ... Oh I am nothing and just a piss on... America is FUCKED

Obama is a total narcissist, he's giving the police military gear, raping the constitution, causing all the race violence, our enemies don't fear us, and out allies don't trust us, ... Oh I am nothing and just a piss on... America is FUCKED

This is incendiary and totally fucking irrelevant to the thread. 

Also, I don't think your use of the word "rape" is appropriate.

If you don't like it, work to change it. Those of us who are too disenfranchised to do so require it.

If you don't know how, your local infoshop will have many a resource on how to cope with the cops. Anarchist bookfairs are another really great place to look. If you don't know how to find one in your city, here is an incomplete list! Without justice there cannot be peace.

Mr Crazypants was taken to a psych ICU by a Trojan team, UK equivalent of a SWAT team...

...I was proud of him.

Not everybody has snipers show up to take them to the loony bin...he's a special guy...O.o

I also emailed the police captain and asked him to thank the officers involved for not shooting him.

Considering they took 5 edged weapons off him, he's ex-special-forces, and he was psychotic as fuck, I really, REALLY appreciate their restraint, you know?

In the US that's pretty much suicide by cop right there. :(

He's generally dangerous only to himself, just scary to other people. Hopefully, lithium will mean these unfun episodes have stopped. *crosses fingers*

This happened here...

http://www.texasobserver.org/grand-jury-acquits-hpd-cop-who-killed-unarmed-disabled-mentally-ill-houston-man/

...the dude was IN A FUCKING WHEELCHAIR.

Not that wheelchair bound people aren't capable of stabbing someone, they have a lot of arm development... but couldn't you just, you know, kick his chair over?

Edited by Stickler

Police really need training on dealing with the mentally ill.

All of them, and they need a goodly bit of it.

http://kaiserhealthnews.org/news/by-the-numbers-mental-illness-jail/

We should not be criminalizing mental illness. But we are. Right now cops are tasked with handling teh crazee. In the US, a great number of them have no idea what they are dealing with or how to do that.

And dammit, crazy is not a crime! GRR.