CrazyBoards.org

You are respected as a human being. We can respect you as a human being and still find that some of your behaviour is unacceptable. You are being told, with all due respect, what is and what is not okay.

If you are a grown up you will find that acting as one goes a long way to being understood as such. If you don't know how to act like a grown up well, you've gotten some advice here on this thread about it. Your therapist can definitely clarify for you as well.

You are respected as a human being. We can respect you as a human being and still find that some of your behaviour is unacceptable. You are being told, with all due respect, what is and what is not okay.

If you are a grown up you will find that acting as one goes a long way to being understood as such. If you don't know how to act like a grown up well, you've gotten some advice here on this thread about it. Your therapist can definitely clarify for you as well.

Here's what happened.  First, I explain myself in great detail about how pleasure is the most important thing for me in life.  Then others give advice.  I then respond to the types of advice that ask what medication I'm on and what caused my anhedonia.  Then there are those who tell me to accept my anhedonia and find other good things in my life.  But like I said, for anyone to tell me that would be an insult and a mockery as I clearly already stated in my opening post here.  Therefore, no one should give me such advice.  Otherwise, I will become psychotic.  I have every right to be enraged towards such people since they have belittled my values, beliefs, and my anhedonia and they just expect me to live a life that is truly nothing good at all without my pleasure.

So, when given advice you do not agree with, you are fully justified in behaving abusively towards other people?

Do you behave this way in real life?

Edited by Stickler

So, when given advice you do not agree with, you are fully justified in behaving abusively towards other people?

Do you behave this way in real life?

You have to understand here that my pleasure is the one and only good thing in my life and nothing else.  If I told you to accept a loss in which you have lost the one and only true good thing in your life and that there would be no way for you to move on in life and find other good things in life, then you would have every right to lash out at me and I would feel your actions would be well-justified.

He is getting his pleasure..IMO

Probably.

I hear opinions I find infuriating all the time.

That does not give me a legitimate reason to lash out at the person I vehemently disagree with.

I do not view your behavior as justified, sir.

Too, any suggestions we've given seem to be smacked down. Engaging with you has been pointless.

Edited by Stickler

He is getting his pleasure..IMO

Probably.

I hear opinions I find infuriating all the time.

That does not give me a legitimate reason to lash out at the person I vehemently disagree with.

I do not view your behavior as justified, sir.

Now if they were just the types of people who were trying to help at first and don't understand your loss and don't understand that what you had in life was the one and only truly good thing in your life, then I would say you wouldn't have the right to lash out towards that person.  But if you have clearly told this person that what you lost was the only good thing in your life and that said person insists on trying to make you accept that loss and find other things in life of good value anyway, then you would have the right to lash out towards that person.

Enough of this. You do NOT take advice that is given to you in good faith.

Death wishing is NEVER acceptable. NEVER. I'm closing this thread.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Motoko
      I had a terrible manic/psychotic episode last August, and I'm having a great deal of difficulty letting go of certain elements of the experience. I keep being gripped with the feeling I've made a terrible mistake of some kind that's going to result in something bad, but other times I'm able to reassure myself that's not the case. What's really bad is when i start to argue with myself internally about it, which can make me panicky. I do take Depakote and Zyprexa, so it's not like I'm not taking my meds.  Has anyone else had this kind of trouble? I thought about posting this in OCD but it seemed more relevant here.
    • By Blahblah
      I've seen dozens of therapists for 20+ years, it feels totally counter-productive at this point (at least for chronic depression). I always end up feeling worse (before session and after session)....I've read most of the books they suggest, tried all the CBT, DBT, Mindfulness....Longterm therapy is also a huge financial burden. 
      I'm feeling really done with processing shit, repeating stuff over & over. All the talking and tracking moods makes me much more self-absorbed than I already am. Then nothing really changes!!! Despite my efforts.
      Meds are not helping either, so I feel like a hopeless case. Maybe I just stick to the emotionally numbing meds and just accept that this is my life and I can't change?
      What are your experiences?
    • By nanna
      It's been a long while since my last visit here, and even longer since last writing anything.
      I don't know where to write this, or even what to write, but there really is no one else to talk to.
      So... long story short, I attempted suicide about 6 months ago (not my first try), and obviously, failed at that, again. I have been in a relationship more or less 5 years now, and I guess I can summarize that into "it's complicated". Things have been going from bad to worse since the suicide attempt. To a point that few weeks ago, my (I don't know what to call him, "partner"?) was violent towards me (not really the first time this kind of thing has happened, but certainly the worst).
      He so angry all the time (at me, I guess.. and certainly some of it is completely justified), it feels like he is expecting me to be "grateful" for him saving my life, and when I can't, it makes things even worse.
      It doesn't really make things any easier, that we both have some pretty serious issues. Me with depression, and trauma-related dissociative "disorder" (?), or at least a tendency to dissociate in difficult situations. And he with alcohol abuse, and some traumas of his own.
      Anyway, right now we are still living in the same house (he is occupying most of the space, and I am kind of living in my workroom) but we don't really have a "together-life". I don't have a lot of friends in general, and the few I have are living relatively far from where I live. My mother lives not-too-far-away, but we aren't very close, and I can't imagine talking to her about this.
    • By Blahblah
      Have a strong itch to drop Effexor...(I won't go cold turkey). It stopped my dysphoric crying spells, but now, 10 months later, I'm feeling increasingly flat, apathetic, numb, no motivation (even after dropping to 75mg). I hate how all A/Ds have this lobotomy effect on me longterm. It's initially fine in acute episodes, I'm not sad now, but I can't function properly, and I continue to score Moderate-Severe on the depression scale.
      I think it's counteracting my Ritalin (which I increased to 30-40mg)? I don't want to increase Effexor above 150mg, I'd never be able to go off.
      I'm trying dosing at night instead, will this make any difference @mikl_pls ? I skipped yesterday's morning dose (then came the intense nausea, over stimulation & brain slosh awfulness @10 hours later) and I took my dose with dinner.
      I'm seriously considering going on low-dose mild SSRI instead (Prozac?) I'm sensitive to meds & side effects, and I'm also VERY worried about withdrawals. Especially from Effexor, they are the WORST, and I just read study that Effexor withdrawal syndrome is not dose-dependent:
      https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7402189_Venlafaxine_and_Serious_Withdrawal_Symptoms_Warning_to_Drivers
      https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/24/woman-shares-coming-off-antidepressant-ruined-life-7255570/

• By Blahblah
      Forgot to take Lamictal yesterday (I took my other meds). Holy Hell, I took my dose today (on schedule) and I STILL feel awful!!  I've only been on 100mg....I thought Lamictal had a super-long half-life? Yesterday went like this:
      10am - up, had breakfast
      11am – slight Brain “swishes” started (was out the entire day)
      12pm – Stronger Brain zaps start
      1:30pm – Lunch (meat, salad/veg)
      2:30pm – Sudden extreme exhaustion
      4pm - more brain zaps =>  ZAP ZAP ZAP! 🤯
      7pm - Irritability starts
      11pm – Tea, bedtime, could not fall asleep (I haven't had insomnia in 2+ years)
      ...Night sweats…Restless legs.....
      12am – Ruminations, feel weepy
      ..Insomnia ensues…(Toss & turn, sweaty/achey all night)
      It's now 12pm,and I am STILL having brain zaps! I worry I’ll never be able ever taper, switch from, or withdraw from this med. You probably think well, with MI, WHY would you ever go off it? For me, longterm, these meds are band-aids. There is always a price.  Ok, maybe great at preventing acute/severe depression, but as a result, they rob me of any spark, joy, elation, happiness, libido, sexual sensation/response, feelings of reward, love.... This disturbs me. I used to know what positive emotions felt like…
      So I’m stable, existing.....but still lacking will or any interest in living....