CrazyBoards.org

Pdoc thinking of admission...

I'm a bit annoyed with my doctor, he thinks I'm unwell because I'm a bit manic, I told him is normal for people to be a bit euphoric when bipolar. I'm happy, what of it.

He thinks I'm delusional when I'm not!

Yes I did a couple of stupid things but who  doesn't. He said if I do something stupid again he will definitely consider it. The thing is, I don't like the doctors at the hospital either, they are much worst. They tried to be put me on thorazine once and I'm afraid they'll do it again.Plus my doctor is not happy that I'm on my maximum recommended dose for the UK on seroquel when it isn't working even if I'm not depressed hence he would like them to consider something else. I really I don't want to take thorazine and I'd hate it if they try to give to me again. Can't he recognise that I'm just feeling good...jesus. Don't know what to do.... :/

Edited by StJimmy9151

If that had always been what you had believed, there'd be nothing wrong with that. The fact that you made such a huge change in your beliefs during a manic episode is what is significant. And you sound high (manic high, not drug high) in a lot of your posts.

I'm just saying your pdoc isn't saying this to you out of the blue. It could be you ultimately won't rise to the level of needing to be hospitalized, but you sound very manic.

Mania is about more than feeling good. You could keep going up and up until you are completely out of control, or psychotic. And you can switch to dysphoric mania, or crash into depression like a light switch. Right now, you admit you're destructive. Your posts in general sound very flip, and you are very excitable.

I wouldn't mind to be treated in the community even if I love being like this. I just want to avoid hospital, I'm worried that they might suggest thorazine again and it freaks me out, anyway my pdoc in the community would not give me that, I think, so better to stay in community and comply.

Well, I'm not a pdoc, but if you are going manic, obviously  your meds are NOT working and something needs to be done, even if it's just an add on to take til this is over. Being manic is not good. Yes. we can have good days, weeks, months, but too good is never good. There will be a crash, or a drastic change and then things go to shit quickly. Better to take care of it before it gets out of control. And yes, you seem uppish to me as well.

When I was manic I would never miss church. I would donate money I didn't have to church.

Would the church give me my money back that I donated when I was manic? No.

I was also thinking I was closer to God when I was manic. I fasted for days because it said that Jesus did that. I thought God was watching every move and every thought inside my head.

I don't wish to be manic/hypomanic ever again. 

Another friend with bipolar brought his bible at a mental hospital when he was manic. His brother caught him out on the streets running around without a shirt chanting "I have been chosen by God" or something like that.

I don't know why people become deeply religious when manic.

After my manic episode was gone, I stopped going to church and stopped donating money to church.

I heard episodes damage part of your brain. Not good.

doses have being put high, just the seroquel isn't working perfectly. All these meds....are annoying me, this worry is ruining my vibe. 

You're best chance of ruining your "vibe" (which, by the way. makes you sound 60 years old) is not following your pdoc's instructions, and/or ending up in the hospital. Being manic isn't a vibe, it is an acute stage of a lifelong illness, and mania can cause brain damage.

Divine and Arrogant, what is your manic experience like right now?  How do you feel, what kinds of things are you doing? I had one manic episode a long time ago and I remember how good it felt.  Let me live vicariously through you.  Haha.  In my opinion it's okay to feel high as long as your feet still touch the ground, you know?  One dangerous thing I remember about being manic was that every time I had a new and interesting thought, I assumed it to be COMPLETELY and INFALLIBLY true, and if anyone disagreed with me, I just assumed it was their problem.  I honestly think I wouldn't have been a danger to myself or anyone except for that fact, that I could just have some crazy random idea and assume it must be true. Be wary about what your friends and family are saying and don't ignore them, because they love you, and they can see things that you probably can't right now.  I'm American and have no idea what things are like in the UK, but I can totally empathize with you not wanting to go to the hospital.  Can't your doctor just up your dosage or something?  What have you done that makes him think you are in enough danger to be admitted?  Surely it can't just be that you're feeling good, so spill.  ;)

Well, for one thing his pdoc is thinking of admitting him to the hospital. An NHS hospital, doesn't that sounds like so much fun? The NHS' psychiatric treatment is horrible. I say that as an American, but I don't think there is anyone here from the UK who will disagree with me. At least his pdoc is taking his mania seriously, which the NHS often does not.

For another thing, he's destroying furniture. Wheee! Such fun! And posting inappropriately, although he doesn't always mean to; that's the point, he's *not in control*

This is a pro-treatment site. We do not encourage people to "dish" on mania as if it were some kind of lurid sexual act. You need to get it through your head that mania is just as damaging, if not more so, than depression. I spent my 20s severely, severely depressed, so believe me, I know it is hell. But when I get psychotic, that is terrifying. I don't get the type of mania that starts out feeling good. And there is no guarantee that because that is what happened to you the first time, it will for you the second or third. Dysphoric mania is like frantic death, everything is REALLY AWFUL, and you feel like horror and shit with every fiber of your being.

If you have joined merely to gawk, and wax poetic about mania, this may not be the right place for you.

Well, for one thing his pdoc is thinking of admitting him to the hospital. An NHS hospital, doesn't that sounds like so much fun? The NHS' psychiatric treatment is horrible. I say that as an American, but I don't think there is anyone here from the UK who will disagree with me. At least his pdoc is taking his mania seriously, which the NHS often does not.

For another thing, he's destroying furniture. Wheee! Such fun! And posting inappropriately, although he doesn't always mean to; that's the point, he's *not in control*

This is a pro-treatment site. We do not encourage people to "dish" on mania as if it were some kind of lurid sexual act. You need to get it through your head that mania is just as damaging, if not more so, than depression. I spent my 20s severely, severely depressed, so believe me, I know it is hell. But when I get psychotic, that is terrifying. I don't get the type of mania that starts out feeling good. And there is no guarantee that because that is what happened to you the first time, it will for you the second or third. Dysphoric mania is like frantic death, everything is REALLY AWFUL, and you feel like horror and shit with every fiber of your being.

If you have joined merely to gawk, and wax poetic about mania, this may not be the right place for you.

I went to see my pdoc again actually yesterday and he decided to treat me in the community. As long as I'm complying, which I am, since I have no choice. I'm trying...i'm on benzos right now so...

Edited by StJimmy9151