CrazyBoards.org

OK, so lets say that because of insurance/doctor bullshit I am unable to get my medication on time and I start sliding. At what point do I have to go to the hosptal? Yeah, I need a new doctor but that might take a while. I am on invega Sustena 116 mg which keeps Satan away and prevents delusions that turn me into a raving lunatic. I don't want it to get to that point. If I really start sliding could I just pay a visit to the hospital so they could give me my injection before I go completely nuts? The medication is already slightly wearing off and I am supposed to go for an injection next Tuesday.

Hmm. I'm not sure. I know when there are dr/insurance issues the pharmacy will give you a couple of day supply to tide you over, but I don't know how that would work with shots. Could you call the hospital and find out their policy? Are you sure they would give it to you? Is it going to be absolutely terrible to wait until Tues? Ultimately though, I'd do what is best for you, if you feel that is hospital, so be it.

I'm with Anna, not quite sure either. Do you mean Tuesday as in, this coming Tuesday or the Tuesday after this coming Tuesday? I'm not sure the hospital would just let you get an injection and that would be it, but if you feel that's the best option, go for it.

Well I am on Illinois public aid unfortunately and making any changes is a big pain in the ass. I guess I am too much of a tax burden. My doctor is very sick and there is no one else in the office who can do anything, even fix the fax machine. I have to find a new doctor to prescribe anything. I am making all these embrasing phone calls with family visiting from out of state. Of course changing my medication to pills would require another prior authorization, then another one to get my injection. My hospitalization is going to cost a lot more then just getting my meds. No one gives a rats ass.