CrazyBoards.org

I need to know if there is a drug to boost my white cells for clozapine treatmement

I have a a bloob test acoule of years ago just prior to atarting clozapine. The results were a dissapointment I have a low white count probably ccaused by the clopixol depot that I was on at the time. My CPN told me this week that there is a drug they can give me that wil boost my white cell count

I really want to try clozapine as it is my last change to get rid of these voices

I'm not sure what you are trying to ask of us.  Is it that you want to know the name of the drug that can raise your white cell count?  If that's your question, I've not heard of one.

I've been on Clozapine myself since 2010 and never heard (or been told of) a drug that can boost my white count should it drop.

In my opinion, I think you should contact your CPN and find out from him/her, since the CPN was the one who mentioned it.

I hope this helps, and if I made any mistakes, let me know.

Folic Acid boosts white blood cell counts.  There are many vitamins and minerals that can enhance your immune system in various ways, but Folic Acid is your best bet for white blood cell counts.  It may be you have poor conversion of Folic Acid into its active form, because of a common genetic alteration, so taking the methyl-folate form is the best way to go.