CrazyBoards.org

Fear of Sleeping Before a Certain Time

Well, I will get straight to the point. I have a fear of going to bed before 11:15pm. If I go to bed before that, I fear that I will not sleep. No matter how tired I am, I have this fear. Does anyone else get this? 

I am tired right now, but I will make myself stay awake until the time comes. It kind of sucks to have this fear, especially when I hae to wake up early the next day. 

I do and its 6am.  sometimes I can do 5:30.  yeah spring forward. nope. I tried tossed and turned and my muscles twitching, I was not in that spot where it's okay in my brain. I used to need to see the dawn. at least this is better. I don't like it and I wish I could change it, but at the same time I understand where this feeling comes from.

I get it. Sucks!

I do and its 6am.  sometimes I can do 5:30.  yeah spring forward. nope. I tried tossed and turned and my muscles twitching, I was not in that spot where it's okay in my brain. I used to need to see the dawn. at least this is better. I don't like it and I wish I could change it, but at the same time I understand where this feeling comes from.

I get it. Sucks!

Do you stay up all night in order to see the dawn? That must be frustrating to have to do it. The time change definitely does not help. 

That sucks, and is kind of understandable. Have you tried talking to a psychologist (therapist) about it? Do you normally get good sleep during the night?

I have not talked to anyone about it. I hate my therapist and I refuse to talk to her. I can't switch therapists either. If I take my seroquel, then I usually have a great sleep. 

• 1 month later...

I won't go to bed before 12. I don't know if it is a fear, but it is "the right time." If I can't fall asleep by one or one-thirty am, I can get up, and I usually am up until 6 or 7. Then I can sleep, but not past noon.

Wow, I never realized I had rules for sleeping. That probably is why I've been an insomniac since I was 7.

I'm moving this to the sleep forum.

I kind of having something similiar.

I also panic when I don't fall asleep by 11:50 PM. Then I start to panic that I'm going to stay up all night. (which usually happened as a vicious cycle).

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely hate going to sleep at the time the majority goes to sleep. (from 10PM to 1AM).Usually I come home from work at 5PM and immediately hit the bed and pass out for 3, 4 hours and them go to sleep again at 3 or 4AM. Even if I don't take the nap after work I still sleep after 2 AM.

My mom has a phobia about not being able to fall asleep. She says that it's because she doesn't want to lie awake and think about her life. As a result, there was always light and movement somewhere in the house until late at night or very early in the morning when I was growing up, and as a result it seems really weird to me to try to go to bed before midnight. My body clock is set to sleep from about 1:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. I don't know if I was born nocturnal-I tend to think I was. Even as a child, it was torture to me to be put to bed at 8:00 or 9:00.