CrazyBoards.org

How much time to give 200mg lamictal?

I guess it depends on what condition you're hoping it will help you with.  I've been on 200 mg for 2 years, and I'm still not really sure if it helps or not.  All I know is its a pretty strong mood stabilizer. Its like a nail pinned into the center of my mental energy, preventing it from relaly swinging one way or the other really fast.  And If I go off of it, or miss a day, I can really flip out.  But I don't think it does much for my depression and I don't know if it helps with my PTSD.  I would probably give it a couple weeks though at least

I'm hoping it will help me with days where my mood plummets down for no reason. For example, last Saturday was a wonderful day from start to finish. Then the very next day, I was so sad it was as if someone had died, crying my eyes out.

This has been the case with me for so long and I'm so exhausted by it. I'm hoping enough time on 200 will help me.

This is not an exact process-everyone's results are a little different. Five days is not nearly long enough. To give it a fair trial, you should really see what happens at that dose in several weeks' time. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you and I hope you feel much better soon. Lamictal has been a miracle for me. I really hope it helps you, too.

This is not an exact process-everyone's results are a little different. Five days is not nearly long enough. To give it a fair trial, you should really see what happens at that dose in several weeks' time. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you and I hope you feel much better soon. Lamictal has been a miracle for me. I really hope it helps you, too.

Thanks for your response. I'm definitely aware that 5 days isn't long enough to get a clear picture; I just wanted to see if I could get sort of a general idea. I've been titrating since December and I just want my life back.

My lamictal was increased from 200mg to 300mg last December due to recurrence of depression.

When I reached 300mg it took a few weeks for me to really feel the benefit and thankfully my mood improved bit by bit until I was feeling well again.

Definitely give it a few weeks. It's hard, but in my opinion it is worth the wait so hang in there!!

My lamictal was increased from 200mg to 300mg last December due to recurrence of depression.

When I reached 300mg it took a few weeks for me to really feel the benefit and thankfully my mood improved bit by bit until I was feeling well again.

Definitely give it a few weeks. It's hard, but in my opinion it is worth the wait so hang in there!!

Thanks, Rowan, your post gives me a lot of hope. I'm going to see my p-doc tomorrow. I'm wondering how many of his patients have gone past 200mg for the same reasons I'm describing.