CrazyBoards.org

Seroquel is quetiapine. Quetiapine comes in extended release and instant release formats.  If you are reading the word "quetiapine" then it could refer to either.  If you are reading a box or bottle which says "quetiapine" but has a brand name other than Seroquel, then it's instant release.  This is because the extended release form does not have a generic and is only known as Seroquel XR.  I don't know how to say it more plainly, sorry.

Edited by MiaB

I've never heard of a generic for it - it's not available in my country (or the US, according to what I've read online). Maybe it's a UK/Ireland thing - if so, I'm envious - the co-payment on the XR cripples me every month.

Yes, when other drug companies start making it, it's generic.  I cough up the equivalent of about 200 euros in co-payment just for the Seroquel XR.  This is despite the fact that I'm supposed to be on an excellent medical insurance plan and already pay a fortune in subscription fees to them every month.