CrazyBoards.org

Weaning off 15 mg abilify? Cut it in half?

I'm wondering if anyone here has weaned off abilify? The 15mg pill is small, but I'm guessing a good way to do it is to just cut it in half with a sharp knife? Are there any obnoxious withdrawal effects? Of course these are things I can google, I'm just asking for firsthand accounts.

Edited by Badluck_Ben

If your pdoc says to cut the pill in half, buy a pill cutter.  They aren't that expensive and they are much better at cutting pills in half.

When I used a knife, I often wasn't able to cut it exactly in half, so most days I wasn't taking a consistent dose and with some drugs that can make a big difference.

I am dropping my Abilify dose from 10mg. I'm at 7.5mg right now, but they don't make 7.5mg tabs so I have to cut mine in half. It's kind of a pain in the ass bc the pills are so damn small. But I agree that if your doc has you cutting pills to get the cutter. I got mine at Target for like $4.00. The cutters also make for a nice convenient place to keep he cut pill so that you don't lose the pieces - esp. those tiny Abilify pieces.

I am dropping my Abilify dose from 10mg. I'm at 7.5mg right now, but they don't make 7.5mg tabs so I have to cut mine in half. It's kind of a pain in the ass bc the pills are so damn small. But I agree that if your doc has you cutting pills to get the cutter. I got mine at Target for like $4.00. The cutters also make for a nice convenient place to keep he cut pill so that you don't lose the pieces - esp. those tiny Abilify pieces.

Will your pharmacy cut them?