CrazyBoards.org

I don't think there's any equvilancy between the two drugs.  Whenever I've changed drugs, I've been weaned of the old med and titrated up on the new med until my pdoc and I thought we were at the right dosage.  It can sometimes vary from one person to another.

800mg?

itchandscratch, did you suck that out of your thumb, or do you have a basis for it?

According to page six of this document, the equivalency of seroquel (quetiapine) and zyprexa (olanzapine) has not been established.

However, page three of this one seems to say that 10 - 20mg of olanzapine is equivalent to 300 - 600mg of quetiapine as a maintenance dose.

You'll probably see a multitude of answers if you try googling "quetiapine and olanzapine equivalent doses".  I'm not sure why you're asking this question, but the best port of call is always your doctor rather than confusing yourself with different online equivalency tables. dilemma is also correct in saying that these things can vary from one person to the next.

moot3r, please would you make the title of your threads more descriptive for the ease of other members.

Edited by MiaB