CrazyBoards.org

Risperidone or Clozapine for sleep, anyone?

It seems I've built up my tolerance to Seroquel.

I'll try it again at 100 mg from 200 mg.

So here I'm back again before trying Seroquel, staying up all nights.

Has anyone tried Risperidone or Clozapine for sleep or for anything?

I just need to know if they are sedating enough for sleep.

Thanks.

Clozapine is the AP of last resort for intractable psychosis.  I don't know that it would be something anyone would try for sleep.  It requires very frequent blood work for a possibly fatal side effect.

Risperdal is much less sedating than Seroquel, but it might be worth a shot?  It's just not something that's generally used for sleep.

Hmm, nevermind the Clozapine then.

For worst case scenario, I might try Zyprexa but then again it was a while ago since I tried last time. 

What kind of wrong human being like me has no reaction to Ambien, Sonata or usual sleep drugs? 

Do hypnotic benzos work? I just need to find something to rotate with Seroquel. Since it's the only I've been using, I'm building up tolerance to it fast.

Sometimes I just hate my immune system or whatever that adapts to drugs.

Thanks for your input.

Clozapine is the AP of last resort for intractable psychosis.  I don't know that it would be something anyone would try for sleep.  It requires very frequent blood work for a possibly fatal side effect.

Risperdal is much less sedating than Seroquel, but it might be worth a shot?  It's just not something that's generally used for sleep.

Edited by snd

Just thought I'd add to the 'No Clozapine' club.  I take it, and when you first start on it, you have to have a weekly blood test.  Eventually it's once every 4 weeks. I have been on it for a year and a half, and use the same pharmacy and blood lab, and they are still screwing it up.

It is really good for sleep though.  It is a weight-gaining drug too.

I find that Zyprexa knocks me on my ass and I'm a long-term insomniac.  But I can't handle sleeping 12 hours a day so I'm trying to get off of it.

Zyprexa is a lot easier to take than Clozaril, if that's the tree you're barking up, but it seems like you've already taken it.

Restoril is an old benzo that's used for sleep.