CrazyBoards.org

Diazepam almost got me killed?

So earlier tonight I was walking in the park , and there were three lads walking and one of them called me something, I think he said "pussy" but I asked him could you repeat that? He then took a blade out and was threating me to kill me. I stood there confused. And I was trying to reason with him. I wasn't scared though. I felt i could handle this and there was no adrenaline kicking in. He was getting abusive with his words, so I said I'm going to go know because you are rude.

I wasn't pleased with his attitude, the fact that having a knive made him hard. So I called the police but then those guys started following me while they were in the park and I was outside it. I shouted come out then if you are hard, you can't hurt me. This other guy showed up and said you are looking for edward aren't you. Then the police showed up, he started whistling and they dispersed. The police ask me for my details and what happened. But  what I stupidly did was give my address while he was standing 10 steps away from me. They talked to him too but they let him go. The police let me go and then they gone looking for the guys.

My point is I took my diazepam earlier and I lacked that fear response that anxiety and now that is wearing off I'm a bit worried, not a lot but more for the people I live with since I'm wondering if that dude heard me when I said my adress. I'm contemplating not take Diazepam again. Is it possible that diazepam can make me lack that fear response?

Edited by StJimmy9151

Um...Are you given these as needed for anxiety?

I mean, if they are PRN, you should take just enough to stop you from freaking out. Not enough to get stoned.

If for sleep? Why are you running around in public on them?

Benzos are pretty damn dependency-inducing.

Mr Crazypants says he found the physical symptoms of withdrawal from benzos worse than that of heroin.

...Mr C's evil psychiatrist sectioned him, then cold-turkeyed him off of benzos.

Knife wounds are bad...as in leaky and hard to repair. Try not to get any. If getting fucked with by knife wielders is part of your regular experience, you might want to learn enough martial arts to knock someone down and run.

Do not go forth somewhere unsafe impaired on something.

It makes you a great big fat target for predators.

Predators read body language very, very well.

The guy had the sense he could take you; he got that sense from the discombobulated way you were likely moving.

...You walked into an ambush because you were too high. Don't do that.

...Note, doing something ENTIRELY unexpected may throw off bullies.

Someone tried to pick a fight with myself and my friends. They thought I was a guy, and were trying to start it with me. I am not exactly a guy.

I showed them my tits.

They...kinda did not know how to handle that, and we left.

Another time a guy approaching me gave me the creeps, so I started talking loudly and angrily to the empty air beside me. He walked waaaay around me.

Jam your windows shut with dowel rods.

Get a door bar.

Have a cricket bat handy.

...All general things to do anyway.

Edited by Stickler

Um...Are you given these as needed for anxiety?

I mean, if they are PRN, you should take just enough to stop you from freaking out. Not enough to get stoned.

If for sleep? Why are you running around in public on them?

Benzos are pretty damn dependency-inducing.

Mr Crazypants says he found the physical symptoms of withdrawal from benzos worse than that of heroin.

...Mr C's evil psychiatrist sectioned him, then cold-turkeyed him off of benzos.

Knife wounds are bad...as in leaky and hard to repair. Try not to get any. If getting fucked with by knife wielders is part of your regular experience, you might want to learn enough martial arts to knock someone down and run.

Do not go forth somewhere unsafe impaired on something.

It makes you a great big fat target for predators.

Predators read body language very, very well.

The guy had the sense he could take you; he got that sense from the discombobulated way you were likely moving.

...You walked into an ambush because you were too high. Don't do that.

...Note, doing something ENTIRELY unexpected may throw off bullies.

Someone tried to pick a fight with myself and my friends. They thought I was a guy, and were trying to start it with me. I am not exactly a guy.

I showed them my tits.

They...kinda did not know how to handle that, and we left.

Another time a guy approaching me gave me the creeps, so I started talking loudly and angrily to the empty air beside me. He walked waaaay around me.

Jam your windows shut with dowel rods.

Get a door bar.

Have a cricket bat handy.

...All general things to do anyway.

It's for mania since you are asking what they are for and there are not PRN as well, I take them 4 times a day. 

Edited by StJimmy9151

Ahh. Uh oh. Yeah, that's not good.

...Shit, really not good.

I wonder if this will pass, but benzos are used to treat panic disorders. Sometimes, panic is appropriate...

Sorry I accused you of being incautious.

I *guess* what you are going to need to get in the habit of doing is sweeping your environs for threats when out and about? Because you're not going to get the subconscious signal?

...I'm just so used to constantly scanning for threats I'm surprised it's not normal for other people.

Like, how can other people stand to sit in a public place and not be able to see all exits, or have their back to a wall, or not know where cover is, or what could be used as an improvised weapon?

Or be relaxed in public?

Or not feel people looking at them, like a sort of pressure?

I don't get that.

Edited by Stickler