CrazyBoards.org

Saphris knocked me the F out!

Sometimes sedation issues will decrease over time with antipsychotics.  Or that's been my experience  But you should definitely let your doctor know you're feeling this way.  

Edited by koa

Yeah I remember the saphris knocking me out for the first few months. Eventually I was able to be on 20mg (all at the same time at night) without feeling sleepy. It'll go away. But if you got started out at a higher dose, then talk to your doc, maybe they can move you up slower on the saphris. 

I just took 5mg of Saphris for the first time last night, and I was definitely in bed asleep about 10, maybe 15 minutes later. In that time, though, I was high as a kite. My extremities felt warm and heavy and tingly. It was really pleasant. 

• 3 weeks later...

It knocks me out in minutes, which frightens me. I also feel intoxicated the next day-had to go from 10 to 5mg.  Going to talk to doc about different med to treat this mixed state because I also suspect it's what's causing my feet to swell up! Oh, and it's wicked hard for me to wake up in the morning. I hope you adjust!

Edited by Jaytea