CrazyBoards.org

;)

This past weekend the cops went to small party at a teenage girl's home looking for a classmate of my son's who does SI.  When this boy realized he was trapped he cut his own throat.

We were told he lived but no one is allowed contact with him.  I didn't know this boy real well, but he has been to our house many times, including a party we had this past Halloween.

It really hit me hard and now I find myself crying at work, in the car, at home, etc.

Then today my best friend at work handed out these Christmas cards I thought were really mean-spirited.  On the front was an adult person running after Santa Claus saying something like "Santa! wait! where are my presents?" and Santa replies "Sorry, you're ugly." :)

I can hardly wait to see what the next 10 days until Christmas bring.

kane

Heya kane,

What a rotten thing to happen.  How is your son taking it?

I'm amazed you can work with this kind of triggering event.  I was triggered at med school a few years ago and hid in my bed for a week.  You sound very strong to me.

I don't know why people have a need to make stupid, as you say, mean-spirited comments around Christmas.  People need to be a little more circumspect, especially in a place like work where we don't all know each others' stories.  Among other people who all think the same way it's okay, but come on.

This month seems to suck altogether for a lot of us here, as I can see from a bunch of threads.

I'm going out tomorrow morning to walk in the snow to the store where I'm getting one of those little Christmas trees that's actually a rosemary plant.

And hoping things get better.

--ncc--

Snow, wow!  I'm sitting here with the doors open and fans going.  (Of course the screen doors are closed to keep the mosquitoes out.)

My son seems to be hanging in there.  He has had exposure to kids that cut themselves (I have had none), I guess this is a rather common problem in high school.

I am sort of surprised my son told me at all.  A year ago my son was driving alone in his car and slid on a wet road, kinda messed up the car,  but he was ok.  Then six months later one of his best friends had a wreck on the same exact curve as my son, except this boy was on a motorcycle and died.

When that boy died, I cried uncontrollably for the first time in two years.  I don't know if it is the fact both wrecks happened at the same crossroads (so it made it more personal to me) but I have not gotten over it.

My son probably told me about the boy cutting his throat because the boy lived and my son wanted to be the one to tell me. 

I don't know how people have the strength to go on after a child dies.  They must be made of better stuff than I am.

kane

hey sweets...

wish i could give you a BIG hug right now...it probably hit you soo hard 'cause you're a caring parent and any parent who gives a damn would be effected...i'm sorry you're goin through this at this time of year especially!!!

did you know the kids parents???

i will hope the feelings get better for you n your family...and that x-mas season goes by with smiles and good moments for you to hold on to!!!

good thoughts goin' ta you n yours!!!

flutterfly xxoo

Oh my goodness. That is terrible horrible bad news. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that doesn't really make it better. My heart goes out to you, your family, and the family of the boy. Maybe you could cook them a dinner and bring it over so it's one less thing they have to worry about.

It's got to be a good feeling to know that your son trusts you to tell you that kind of information.

Sometimes you find strength where you least suspect it. I imagine you have strength from your children. It seems like there is a lot of love and trust there.

Yeah, and the card was in bad taste, but maybe he just thought it was funny? (Some people have a weird sense of humor. I know my dh, would've just laughed his ass off, while I'd be pissed off.) But still, insensitive.

I am sorry to hear about that - I hope you and your son are doing ok  (((((hugs)))))

To be honest that card is even a bit past my sick sense of humour.  No wonder I am what I am and medicated (self and professionally).

Well we are here for you if you want to rant or cry or whatever ok?

Thanks for all the support!

The girl who handed that card out is actually my best friend at work and very popular. 

She knew I was sad but probably thought it was the holidays bumming me out.

She gave me a bottle of Wild Turkey 101, saying "I hope this makes you feel better" but I don't think she had a clue it was the card that made me sad.

kane

Archived