CrazyBoards.org

This is soley a rant about rent and why my life sucks.

I owe my landlord rent for December. It is december 16th. He's really laid-back and mellow about it, but I am a more anxious person (duh) and I'm getting frantic.

I got word today tht I can go back to work on Monday- great! But I have to pay my rent. I'll be able to pay Dec. and the end of Dec. and Jan. in mid Jan. Then Feb. at the end of Jan, and with 3 checks in a month I'll be up to date on the rent. EEEEKKKK

Have you talked to your landlord yet? Maybe you can explain the situation. Or offer to do some grunt work, or office work on the weekends (providing it doesn't interfere with your job)- like filing, or photocopying, or even just cleaning the office for him?

That's good that he isn't demanding the rent.  We were 5 days late & the (former)

manager of the complex I live in took us to court even though we were all paid up.

She was evil though.  Just tell your landlord that you have to pay late until your

checks keep coming regularly. He sounds like a cool guy who hopefully won't mind.

I'm sure he isn't going to suffer financially cuz you're a few weeks late.

He hasn't even asked me for it! When he does I'll send him the letter from my CEO saying I am free to start again on the 19th, and that I'll get paid at the end of the month. I'll pay December then and pay January in mid-January. I'll be caught up then.

Thanks for all your insights to keep me out of a panic!

Archived