CrazyBoards.org

Zyprexa as stand alone med

I am tired of being on three different drugs (celexa, zyprexa, klonopin).  It messes up my memory and concentration too much.  Its bad, I'm fucking alzheimer's at age 27 lol  The klonopin and celexa are big offenders when it comes to memory.  Thinking of asking the doc to quit klonopin and celexa. Hope he would agree. Would just keep zyprexa low dose for relapse prevention - zyprexa stabilizes me.    This would be a gamble but I'm willing to try lots of things to improve my mental sharpness.  Meds fuck your mental sharpness and wit up.  I don't intent to quit all meds but would like to reduce to the bare minimum.  I don't think I'm at the minimum as it is. 

Anybody take only an antipsychotic or only a mood stabilizer for BP?  Monotherapy? If so, any success? I'd like to try it and see if I get better and more alert. Thanx for any input.

PBF

I am not on mono-therapy but I thought I would over a suggestion.

Klonopin can wipe out your short term memory. You don't say why you take the klonopin, but maybe your can discuss tapering off klonopin with your pdoc if you no longer need it.

IMO, I think it is best to be on some kind of mood stabilzer plus an AD. If Zyprexa seeems to be a good mood stabilzer for you maybe try asking your pdoc about juts taking the Zyprexa and the Celexa.

I'm only on Seroquel. I was on 3 medications also and just wanted to take one. Honestly, it's not working all that well. I'm up to 400mg in the morning and 800mg at night. My dosage was just raised this Monday. I go back again January 3, and if I haven't improved we'll talk about adding another medication.

DH and I would like to try for a second child in January of 2007, so I'm not really wanting to go on a medication that I won't be able to take while pregnant. (Not a problem for you, lol)

I was monotherapy on Zyprexa for about six or seven months and mentally I was great.  There was no difference for me cognitively at all.  I was taken off an AD (caused mania) and put on the big Z and the reasons I stopped was the weight gain and high cholesterol and tri levels.  I felt fantastic.

But YMMV.  If only Zyprexa didn't turn me into a diabetic hippo, I would have stayed on it.

JBella

Archived