CrazyBoards.org

Anyone know anything about this new med?

Since gabapentin didn't seem to work (prn) for my migraines (it was supposed to 'knock me out' and allow me to acheive stage 4 of sleep) I contacted my neuro and he issued a script for Lyrica.  I am to take 50mg each night and titrate up to 100mg.  I can't find anything online concerning this med and migraines, so I assume that he is prescribing off-label and that I'm taking it like I did Topamax as a preventative.

I start it tonight.

I did some reading last night when I couldn't sleep.  Lyrica seems to be a shiny new Neurontin.  I saw articles on it from everything from Social Phobia and Anxiety to the labled uses of diabetic peripheral neuropathy and postherpetic neuralgia and partial onset seizures.  Not many people seem to be on it yet.

I don't know anything at all about it; never heard of it.  But if it helps your migraines, who cares! :) I've suffered with those for many years, and if a med helped, I wouldn't even question it!  I know I'm being a bit over the top, but, in all seriousness, good luck with it!  Migraines are hell to live with! ;)   :P

Archived