CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
crtclms

Anyone With Migraine Want to Share?

Gods my brain is imploding and exploding simultaneously. I just added new meds, I wonder if that's the culprit. Or the fact that my brain worms are acting up. Or both.

One more hour of work. I dread the public trans ride home. Imitrex awaits. Somehow it's at home and not with me.

Gah.

Does imitrex work for you when you are that far in?

Sometimes, crtclms. I take Topamax as well, and so if I take an Imitrex and an Aleve when I get a breakthrough migraine at this point it generally works. Tonight it did.

Whew.

I feel like my brain is going to burst through my eyeballs. Either that or I'm going to puke it up. I'm out of Maxalt, but I had no aura this time so don't know how much good it would have done in any case. I'm stuck at work in my office with fluorescent lighting for another 3 hours - I'm out of sick leave for this cycle so can't just pack up and go. 

I seem to be averaging two to three migraines a week, and that plus the extra day's recovery I need (migraine hangover) isn't helping when I'm supposed to be functioning in my job.  My new doc is hesitating over prophylactic treatment until she sorts all my other meds out, but when I see her next week I'm going to tell her that I can't wait any longer. 

Edited by MiaB

Have you seen your neurologist lately? That sounds like you are creeping up to Chronic Daily Migraine. Stomp that baby in the bud.

Have you ever tried botox? It didn't work for me, but it works for a lot of people.

oh god, I have the worst, absolute worst migraine right now

Just want to slice my head off with a sword.

Have you tried ice packs?  Those help me a lot.  (Some people they don't work ... heating pads do though ... but for me I rely on them).

Have you tried ice packs?  Those help me a lot.  (Some people they don't work ... heating pads do though ... but for me I rely on them).

Thank you Melissa.

I do heat. not cold.

Just used a flonase type thing. My SIL suggested. My migraines are VERY sinus related.

Af first it made it worse, but now....I think my meds are finally kicking in or the flonase helped?

Maybe it is a really bad sinus headache that feels like a migraine?  Is that possible?  That would explain the flonase helping.

Maybe it is a really bad sinus headache that feels like a migraine?  Is that possible?  That would explain the flonase helping.

I think ALL of my migraine are really bad sinus headaches.

My mdoc really really upset me last week. She refused to call my headaches migraines. She said they were sinus headaches.  

Semantics!! doc has NO idea who much they hurt, none at all.

And she wanted to take my off my Fiorinal which COMPLETELY freaked me out.

My arsenal works and the thought of not having my meds handy, omg, my doc had NO idea how scary that was.

My pdoc will not write me a script for Fiorinal anymore.

I am thinking of going to a neurologist just for the med.

My mdoc was the one who SUGGESTED fiorinal years and years ago. And now she wants me to stop? 

I don't take that many. Usually pseudoephedrine does the trick. But these last two weeks have been horrendous migraine wise.

Stress and the weather.

Stress does it to me too.  That sucks about the fiorinal!  I would definitely look for a neuro to prescribe that for you, before you run out of them.

I know what you mean when the DR says it is one thing, but you KNOW it is something different.  I mean it is your body!  You know what is going on more than she does (unless she can possess herself and enter your body to feel what you feel LOL).  Some DRs just don't get it.

One time my neuro said that my headaches weren't responding to the Excedrin, but rather the caffeine in it.  I'm like No, it is the combo.  So we went back and forth over a course of time.  Then I saw him, and told him it could not be caffeine that I was addicted to because I drank a ton of tea with caffeine, and it did nothing.  And then I tried just the aspirin and caffeine, and still didn't work.  THEN, he finally ... reluctantly ...said "yeah, it's the combination" like it is his idea or something ... maybe he was embarrassed he was wrong, Idk.  But I was like I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by melissaw72

OMG!!!

Melissa!!

Did I say my SIL suggested I use Flonase yesterday????

We have some because my girl has not been able to breathe lately.

I tried it.

My migraine is gone!!!!!!

I've woken up with migraine for over a week.

It is GONE!!!

I am a bit afraid of jinxing....but.....omg.

Anyone ever use flonase??

OMG!!!

Melissa!!

Did I say my SIL suggested I use Flonase yesterday????

We have some because my girl has not been able to breathe lately.

I tried it.

My migraine is gone!!!!!!

I've woken up with migraine for over a week.

It is GONE!!!

I am a bit afraid of jinxing....but.....omg.

Anyone ever use flonase??

That is great!  I'm glad the Flonase worked!  I am currently on Flonase and it doesn't do anything for my migraines, or *just* headaches either.  Flonase is a type of anti-inflammatory nose spray, which might have been what helped.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flonase+anti+inflammatory&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Edited by melissaw72

Eat a dick, migraine. 

I want to take an icepick to my fucking temple.

Fucking migraines, I swear to god. 

would like to stab out my right eyeball

owwwwww

fuck you migraine