CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
crtclms

Anyone With Migraine Want to Share?

I offer up my eyeballs for tribute as well. Maybe some bile as well. I just saw my neuro like yesterday, OR the day before. I forget. And I was all "heyyyy, my migraines have been doing a lot better." That's what I get for jinxing myself. And It didn't come on until like 11pm. Gotta work by 8am. Can't take heavy drugs for this, or I would be knocked on my ass. Noooooo. Hyper. Migraine. Can't sleep. Forget you brain, forget you. 

Today was a busy morning ... had a migraine and tension headache combined the. whole. time.  When I got home I took excedrin and got something to eat, then eventually took 2 muscle relaxers and tried to sleep but my heart rate wouldn't go down so I got up, came here.  Still have remnants of the headache but it is dealable.  I just can't talk or it resonates my head.

I'm sorry you are having such a tough day.

I'm having what I call a "background migraine (because I'm a dork):" It's there all the time, it's definitely a migraine, but I can function. I was happy when I finished my chores, though!

I had no migraines when I was on all the narcotics after the surgery 24/7. But now that I am weaning off of them, I am getting rebound migraines, which are pissing me off, because I still need the narcotics. I'm going to ask my Dr. for just 10 or 15 more pills for pain at night. That should be it. I really hope he gives them to me.

Anyway, it is annoying, because I am not "abusing" narcotics, but my body is still treating me as if I am.

I hope you get the pills too, and hope your DR agrees. 

The current weather (thunderstorms every afternoon, high humidity, 90 degree weather, high pressure) is killing me!

I had a Migraine with Aura on Tuesday accompanied by complete coordination-clusterfuck and dizziness, with headache pain to where I ACTUALLY took medications to help me through it (Naproxen 550 this time). The day before and since then, I've been vegetating in my PJ's and binge watching Netflix, doing nothing productive all day but cooking dinner for my DH.

I've just been feeling BLAH. I don't feel like doing anything, and I keep getting a dull headache at the end of the day with a slight earache thanks to pressure.

I'm sorry. Do you think it is one migraine dragging on, or a series of them?

Honestly? I'm pretty sure it's not a series of Migraines per se, but a combination of things; he weather causing non-migraine headaches (literally it'll be thunderstorming and cool for 30 minutes and then hot as hell and humid an hour later), the Migraine on Tuesday and it's draining after-effects plus the Migraine w/o Aura I had this morning, and on top of that I've been having an increase in seizures (which I know doesn't really belong here but it definitely contributes).

My word finding skills suck, I keep doing absent minded things, and I actually turned down my DH for going out to dinner tonight and instead slept from 6PM-8PM today (which I NEVER sleep during the day). I know this sounds like Topamax brain stuff, but it's not - it's increasing and I I feel like a zombie when I never did before. All I want to do is lay around and sleep but my sleep is crap. I feel sleep deprived.

Ugh, I know that feeling. I've been doing better for the last few months, but I used to never feel ready to get out of bed. Fortunately, my husband is very understanding.

Have you all ever tried bentyl?  It is not a migraine med, it is an anti-spasmodic for IBS ... anyway, it gave me a complete whole day without a remnant of a headache of any kind.  I needed no excedrin or anything.  It had to be this med because it was the only new one added.  The trazodone came later.  Still didn't have a headache with that either.

Don't you also have good luck with flexiril? Maybe it is just an awesome side effect because it relaxes your muscles. Or is that not how IBS works? Still....

Does anyone here know if Wellbutrin can cause migraines? Since I've started taking it, I've went from 1 migraine every 2 months to 1 migraine a week! My Topamax had my migraines under control, but it seems like the Wellbutrin is bringing them back. Anyone know about this?

Had to take Naproxen Sodium 550MG again last night. It helped, I'm thankful for that (and I slept through the night).

I feel so tired, drained - lethargic even. I get confused SO easily, like my brain is on vacation. If I don't have a dull headache, I am having a Migraine attack, and if I am not having a Migraine attack, chances are I'm on the verge of a Simple or Complex Partial. My mood is fine and I don't get it. I'm starting to think I might have Magnesium Toxicity (and I didn't take my Magnesium today to see if I get better - or worse).

Does anyone here know if Wellbutrin can cause migraines? Since I've started taking it, I've went from 1 migraine every 2 months to 1 migraine a week! My Topamax had my migraines under control, but it seems like the Wellbutrin is bringing them back. Anyone know about this?

Wellbutrin has been known for making people more susceptible (or exacerbating) Migraines in some people. Listed as a common side-affect even, are "headaches". As well as "seizures" -which is not 'common' FWIW- but is Neuro Cousins to the Migraine, and well....just say my brain never enjoyed Wellbutrin.

My husband's neurosurgeon said migraine and epilepsy were "kissing cousins."

I was  on Wellbutrin for a little over 20 years. I had migraines before I took it, and it didn't seem to affect them. However, for the last 5 years, I have had chronic daily migraine.

I came off the wellbutrin because I decided it wasn't working anymore (still, 20 years is a good run!), and was making me agitated. My headaches have gotten a *little* better, but correlation does not equal causation. We fool around with meds a lot for my headaches, so it could just be we found something that really helped.

Topamax has been a life saver for me. It pretty much diminished my migraines, except when I forgot to take it. However, in the short 2 weeks that I've been on Wellbutrin; my mood feels slightly better, but my migraines are significantly worse even with Topamax. I have a pdoc appointment tomorrow, and I'm almost 100% sure that the Wellbutrin is going to be upped. I want to at least give it a try to get the full mood benefits from it. But if the migraines continue, it's just not going to be worth it.

Don't you also have good luck with flexiril? Maybe it is just an awesome side effect because it relaxes your muscles. Or is that not how IBS works? Still....

Yes, I do have good luck with flexeril for headaches, you're right.  But not for the IBS.  I just happened to be taking the bentyl (for IBS) at a higher dose now, and noticed I had no headaches. 

I haven't taken it for a day though because it dried my eyes out so much that when I cried the tears "welled up" in my eyes instead of tears down my face.  And I just had to take excedrin like 20 minutes ago for a headache I've had for a couple hours.  I'll re-start Bentyl again, but I need to call the DR to see what to do about the dry eyes.

My husband's neurosurgeon said migraine and epilepsy were "kissing cousins."

I like that :P LOL

Don't have a headache tonight! Just wanted to write that. Although had an argument with my DH because I REALLY don't remember taking my morning dose of meds, but he "remembers me taking them". So I have to not take the Magnesium tomorrow to see if that stops my Migraines/headaches, lethargy, and confusion.

Yes, I do have good luck with flexeril for headaches, you're right.  But not for the IBS.  I just happened to be taking the bentyl (for IBS) at a higher dose now, and noticed I had no headaches. 

I haven't taken it for a day though because it dried my eyes out so much that when I cried the tears "welled up" in my eyes instead of tears down my face.  And I just had to take excedrin like 20 minutes ago for a headache I've had for a couple hours.  I'll re-start Bentyl again, but I need to call the DR to see what to do about the dry eyes.

There is a huge gut/brain connection. Not that IBS medications is the connection they usually refer to, but maybe treating your gut (treating your IBS) is the connection to treating some of your headaches?

Also FWIW...dry eyes, as well as other eye issues ("tired eyes" and photophobia), can cause headaches for me. Have you tried eye drops? It might help the headaches, and maybe the Bentyl side-affects until your body gets used to it.

There is a huge gut/brain connection. Not that IBS medications is the connection they usually refer to, but maybe treating your gut (treating your IBS) is the connection to treating some of your headaches?

Also FWIW...dry eyes, as well as other eye issues ("tired eyes" and photophobia), can cause headaches for me. Have you tried eye drops? It might help the headaches, and maybe the Bentyl side-affects until your body gets used to it.

You're right, there is a huge gut/brain connection ... We've been trying to treat the IBS for a long time but it hasn't really "calmed down."  Maybe the Bentyl more long-term will get the IBS under more control and get rid of the headaches, or at least minimalize them ... that would be nice!

I don't think the dry eyes have caused headaches for me ... at least up to this point ... but maybe they've contributed to them now that I think about it, Idk.  I'm hoping that side effect will go away.  I haven't tried eye drops.  Are those OTC or would I need a prescription?

You can get eye drops OTC, and they make ALL kinds for ALL kinds of eye irritations (dry eyes, red eyes, "tired eyed", combinations, and others); even for eye irritations WHILE you wear contacts. There are also all kinds of brands, and many stores you go to have their own generic versions so they don't cost much. 

My DH has VERY sensitive eyes AND chronic dry eyes, and I have a eye disease plus wear glasses/contacts which is the only reasons I know ALL of that. I swear I don't doomsday prep eye drops LOL!

I REALLY hope the dry eye goes away, and that maybe the eyedrops will give you some relief in the meantime. I'd hate for you not to be able to take the Bentyl because of a side-affect, when it could help your IBS AND headaches! :angry:

You can get eye drops OTC, and they make ALL kinds for ALL kinds of eye irritations (dry eyes, red eyes, "tired eyed", combinations, and others); even for eye irritations WHILE you wear contacts. There are also all kinds of brands, and many stores you go to have their own generic versions so they don't cost much. 

My DH has VERY sensitive eyes AND chronic dry eyes, and I have a eye disease plus wear glasses/contacts which is the only reasons I know ALL of that. I swear I don't doomsday prep eye drops LOL!

I REALLY hope the dry eye goes away, and that maybe the eyedrops will give you some relief in the meantime. I'd hate for you not to be able to take the Bentyl because of a side-affect, when it could help your IBS AND headaches! :angry:

Thank you.  I hope the dry eye goes away also.  Do you know of a good kind of eye drop to get specifically for dry eyes?  Or are they all for dry eyes?

On a side note, my DR really actually wants me on Librax (also treats IBS, but apparently stronger than the Bentyl), but it wasn't covered by insurance.  So he sent in a prior auth and it was denied.  Then I get a message on my answering machine how I could get them at Costco (which I have NO membership to ... my parents do, but I would need to get one to get prescription/s there; and I also have no way of getting there except my father, on his schedule), or I could pay $90 somewhere else (I don't remember the place mentioned).  So I need to call the office today to tell them NO to both of those suggestions, and that if he wants me on it, he'll need to appeal the denial of the prior auth.  Otherwise I'll have to take the Bentyl and hope it works out.

I am having moderate headaches everyday. It's because I'm weaning off narcotics for my knee surgery. Since I am no longer taking them everyday, I have started getting rebound headaches. And I know it is foolish, but I have been trying to medicate them with Midrin, Zanaflex, and Excedrin.

There's shit I have to do, now that my knee is more or less healed. Actually, the doctor said at this point it is 30% healed, and in two months it will be 80 percent healed. But I can walk without a cane, and go grocery shopping, which is good and bad (it hurts afterwards, *stomps little feet*). But the point is, when I take my dwindling supply of narcotics, it gives me rebound headaches. Like today. I stupidly took Excedrin. But it huuuuurts.

Edited by crtclms