CrazyBoards.org

seizure or not?

Can anyone help?

I know of at least seizure, or I think it was, that I had about 6 years ago.  I was in a doctors office (urgent care) with strep and since my temp was so high, they gave me an antibiotic shot and let me alone if the room.  I started to feel sick so I got up to get a nurse (bad mistake) and passed out, hit the door knob and hit the floor hard.  When I started to come too, the nurses were on the other side of the door trying to get in (my head was in the way).  All I remember was my body was shaking and my head was beating the floor up and down.  I was pretty out of it, but tried to describe what happened but no one really listened.

The next few years, I would start to feel kinda spacey, usually at night in bed, and my leg or arm would jerk, or my face would would kinda twist.  It only lasted a few seconds.

Well for the past few weeks or so, I have been having sorta hallucinations (I've always had mild ones like thinking a door is moving or thinking something ran past you and nothing is there, types).  But now they are a little more intense.  I swear I hear a TV upstairs playing in our neighbors bedroom, but he isn't home.  Even with ear plugs in.  And my hearing seems to have become super.  I swear that I would think that my husband was in the same room typing on this laptop and he is 2 rooms away.

Last night I was trying to fall asleep when I got this really weird feeling like my body weighed alot heavier and I was moving, almost floating, but of course I wasn't.  And I had what felt like a electrical current running down my right leg that lasted for a few seconds each time and my mouth kinda twisted.  I freaked out when my whole body felt like it was shaking, but when I held my hand up, it wasn't.  At first I thought my husband was shaking.  He asked me the other night if I was cold, I guess the same thing was happening.  I took 1mg of Xanax and calmed down a bit.

I'm on Lamictal for BPII, Paxil for depression, Lyrica (started last night for migraines??), Xanax as needed for anxiety, OxyIR for migraine pain.  I was diagnosed BPII this past Sept and have been having chronic migraines (2-4 times a week since Feb).  My MRI came back clean.

Could these be side effects from the meds?  Or seizures?  Or something else?  I never mentioned the mild hallucinations to my pdoc or neuro because they were mild.

I don't know what to do.

firedancer:

well, if i recall aright, seizurey weirdness and migranes can be connected. i'd print out the post you just made and take it to the neuro at your next visit - call and move up your appointment if these incidents you describe increace in frequency. you say you've had an MRI, but have you had an EEG? might be worthwhile. either way, it's good to tell your neuro these sorts of things.

firedancer:

well, if i recall aright, seizurey weirdness and migranes can be connected. i'd print out the post you just made and take it to the neuro at your next visit - call and move up your appointment if these incidents you describe increace in frequency. you say you've had an MRI, but have you had an EEG? might be worthwhile. either way, it's good to tell your neuro these sorts of things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree with Hal, this could be some sort of neuro weirdness...or seizurish activity... The fact that migraines might be linked to seizures, and that you may have a seizure history is something you need to take into consideration, and bring up with your doc as soon as you see him/her....either which way...a neurologist needs to get onto this and see what the deal is as soon as you can get in.

Archived