CrazyBoards.org

Roll a D20. You detect a lurker!

I've been registered for a while, and finally decided to just stop lurking.

I'm 26 and live in Alabama.

Been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorder.

As for medications, I'm not on any at the moment, but I've taken about 90% of the stuff on the market,

including some odd combinations by screwy docs (Two different name brands of lithium at once, for instance).

I'm supposed to go next week and be put back on something, probably/hopefully Xanax, because even though

it does nothing for the depression, it does stop the dysphoric and euphoric manias.

(Here they think as long as you're not hurting anyone else, then you're cured. =P)

Anyway, thankee for having me,

Joey

Been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorder.

As for medications, I'm not on any at the moment, but I've taken about 90% of the stuff on the market,

including some odd combinations by screwy docs (Two different name brands of lithium at once, for instance).

I'm supposed to go next week and be put back on something, probably/hopefully Xanax, because even though

it does nothing for the depression, it does stop the dysphoric and euphoric manias.

(Here they think as long as you're not hurting anyone else, then you're cured. =P)

Joey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/uote]

Joey, meant to leave a message on the last post- I just came out of the closet here (as a lurker),  anyway...you seem quite cogent for being med free.

Sometimes I think I am an alchemist, trying to find the right combination of meds and other ...ahem...drugs. my self-medication is a part of my "making this trip as comfortable as possible."

Or...better living through chemicals.

I do not want to ever hurt myself through my advocation (alchemy), but I want to feel panic-fear free, and freedom from the low grade depression.

Good luck with your appt. Welcome.

Syl

hey sweets...

it takes everyone a little while ta realize that you get MUCH more outa this site by being involved with the threads n having new friends that no matter what you're going through....understand!!! 

it's a great feeling!!!

soo a big warm welcome ta crazytown!!! ;)

good thoughts goin' ta you n good luck with your journey!!!

flutterfly xo

What's a D20?

love,

olga

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A die with 20 sides, so the roll runs in 5% increments.

Was a reference to Dungeons and Dragons.

There's a monster called a lurker that you have to roll against your skill to see if you can detect it because it blends in with the floor.

It was just a really bad nerdy pun. ;)

Joey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey Seldarin...welcome to crazyboards...glad you decided to introduce yourself...If you need any help with anything/questions...please feel free to PM me....Lisa

Well, Joey, i guess that separates the old broads from the young folks!  I had a feeling it had something to do with a computer game or something that young people do.  Don't apologize for your little joke--everyone around here refers to movies and songs and other pop culture stuff.  And we're all from different generations, so everybody isn't going to get everything...

"All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All the lonely people, where do they all belong?"

Welcome to our playground

olga

Archived