CrazyBoards.org

I was wondering if other MDD patients have their energy return when their feelings of depression disappear.  In my case it doesn't seem to have ,which is disappointing.  I just wanted to know what other people do to attain more energy.  I exercise a lot, I eat well, so it can't be that.  I wake up feeling exhausted every day no matter how much or how little sleep I have gotten and then I pick up for a bit but as soon as I do something that requires a bit of energy (like today I went sledding for like 30 minutes) I'm low on energy for the rest of the day.  Perhaps I should pick up a caffeine habit or would this just mess things up even more?  I really don't know.  I tested negative for hypothyroidism.

HWF -

Both Xanax and Trazodone list Fatigue as a relatively common side effect.  For Xanax, the reported rate is 13.4% versus 9% placebo, and Trazodone reports 11.3% versus 4/2% placebo.  You can take all that for what it's worth, but the point is that you may well be looking at a meds side effect, especially if your actual symptoms have disappeared.  You might want to discuss it with your pdoc.

Cerberus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That can't be it, unfortunately.  I take them as needed which is almost never.  Plus I was already like this before meds.  Lexapro lessens the fatigue a little but nothing dramatic.

Archived