CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
IcePrincess88

How long have you been with your partner?

How long have you been with your partner?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been with your partner?

• 1-4 weeks
    • 2-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • 6-9 months
    • 9-12 months
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-3 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 7-10 years
    • 10-15 years
    • 15-20 years
    • 20-25 years
    • 25-30 years
    • 30+ years

The choices kinda suck.

Those of us over the age of 25 or 30 measure relationships in years and decades, not months.

Having "3+" as the longest option really doesn't do justice to the question, especially people who have been with their SOs for 20 or more years.

Wow. I apologize to those that are in long term committed relationships. I'm only 26, so it's pretty rare in my generation for people to stay together for more than a couple years. Seeing so many people that have been together for years upon years really gives me hope for the future.

Wow. I apologize to those that are in long term committed relationships. I'm only 26, so it's pretty rare in my generation for people to stay together for more than a couple years. Seeing so many people that have been together for years upon years really gives me hope for the future.

You just have to keep in mind that our users here range in age from young adults to people in their 70s and beyond.

My husband is your age and we've been together for over 5 years.   It's not that odd-- I've had clients your age who have been together for 10 years, and many, many for over 5.

37 years.

Known each other for 9 years, friends for a bit, dated for 3 months, broke up for a year (I was convinced being bipolar I'd fuck up the relationship so I preemptively broke up with him), been back together since then (over 7 years) and living together over 5.5 years.  Getting married June 20th.  I'm 36, he's 45 (his birthday is June 21st...he wanted to get married on his birthday so he wouldn't forget our anniversary, but June 21st is a Sunday this year).  

Edited by jarn

Started dating December 2001, started living together in 2004, got hitched (to make sure Grandma knew it was legit and for health insurance) in 2006.

That's true. My bf's friend and his wife have been together since high school so for about 10 years and they're 25 I think

I'm barely 10 years older than you.  Most of my career has focused on working with teens and young adults so I get to know new groups of dozens of 15-25 year olds every year.  Like Dianthus also mentioned from her experience, in my own work experience encountering younger people in 3+ year relationships has not been rare at all.

I don't intend for that information to make you feel bad about whatever prompted you to ask about peoples' relationship durations.  (You didn't explain any purpose for the poll. Some context helps people to understand how their responses will be used by the poll/thread creator.)  I'm just putting out there an alternate POV from your stated statistical assumptions.

Just for the record, I'm in a relationship that just made 12 years this month.

The reason for the poll was because in my experience, all my past relationships were pretty short due to my psych problems(Bipolar 1, Anxiety, BPD). It made relationships impossible for me. I only just last year finally found someone that seems to be able to handle me. I just wanted to know how long other people with psych issues had been in relationships. It seems now that there are tons of people with the same diagnosis as me in long term relationships. This is why I'm glad I did the poll, I never expected these kind of results. And kudos to all those in long term relationships!

My longest relationship was 2 years. I'm BPD too and 25. *waves* I am shit with relationships. But, indeed when you look at the responses there might be hope!

My longest relationship was 2 years. I'm BPD too and 25. *waves* I am shit with relationships. But, indeed when you look at the responses there might be hope!

Same exact thing I was thinking! I never started this poll thinking people with issues like mine could have such long term relationships. I thought it was impossible, but I was proven wrong. There must be hope for us! We just have to meet the right person.