CrazyBoards.org

I'm not sure where this needs to go, so feel free to move it necessary.

I was officially dx BPII in October, and what a relief.  It was a bit hard at first, but then things from my life started to make sense.  I had resisted any kind of doc until now due to a bad experience (in other words a horrible psychologist in college that turned me off completely).  In college I was dx with depression and put on prozac - what a huge mistate, make me manic, although I had not idea that was it and apparenly, neither did he.  I had more or less self-dx the next couple of years with Social Anxiety, General Anxiety and Depression.  It was my gyn that put me some meds, with Paxil working a little.  She finally referred me to my current pdoci (who is a great guy).

Now currently, my pdoc and I never formally discussed hallucinations, or I don't remember discussing them with him.  I have always had what I call, mild ones - seeing the door move, ceiling, walls breathing, voices but usually of conversations that I had earlier in the day or rambling thoughts.

Most recently, they have been come more intense.  Some of the same, 'mild' onea as before, but including feeling my cat jump on the bed and looking and no cat, or feeling the cat or dog run by me- and no cat or dog in the room, hearing things up stairs in the neighbors apartment (I swore I heard law and order on one night and my husand didn't hear it all all - it was loud) and my neighbor is out of the country for a month and no on is in there, my cat meowed the other day and I keep hearing it over and over in my head (I had on ear plugs), the 'voices' becoming more intense - more or less conversations that I have had with myself since I'm on medical leave at the moment, but nontheless very bothersome.  And the scariest thing was the other night, I rolled over to tell hubby good night and this 'face/mask' came out of nowhere and made this scream/yell sound.  I jumped and hubby asked if I was ok.  I told him I was, but clearing wasn't. 

I have been taking more than my prescribed Xanax because I start shaking, literally as in my hubby asked if I was cold one night.  I called my pdoc to see if he could fit me in, but he can't but told the nurse that needed more Xanax or Ativan.

Part of me is scared to discuss this with im because I feel like I should of already.

I'm confused because I don't know what this all means - can someone help me? My meds are listed below.

yes, discuss this with your doc.  he needs to know.  a good doc won't be judgmental but will be understanding, as many many people are very reticent about revealing they hear voices/see things.  they actually see that all the time: people who are ashamed of admitting it, and won't admit it for a while.

please tell your doc asap so he can help you control this and feel better.

Thanks reddog.

I should also let you know that I am being treated for chronic migraines (2-4 week) by a wonderful neuro.  I am planning on letting him know also.  Neither could see me this week and my scheduled appts aren't until the second week in Jan.

Any suggestions to what I can do in the meantime?  Anyone care to guess what this could be?

TIA!

I agree with everything reddog said. Don't worry about not having told him before; they deal with this all the time.

I don't really know what to tell you this might be, but have a couple of Qs...

I have been taking more than my prescribed Xanax because I start shaking, literally as in my hubby asked if I was cold one night.

Navy - I did mention that it was very important that I speak with him ASAP.  And I did mention the Xanax overuse, and told her that I also needed more Xanax or perhaps Ativan.  The seeing things are anytimed of the day, the hearing is primarily at night or anytime I try to rest.  Sucks when it the same time as a migraine.  You are correct in that I just started Lyrica, but this has been going on way before that.  I wish now that I had mentioned all this at our first appointment.  The nurse told me that there was a Thur night appt at 6:00 avail but I conflicted wtih some plans that my husband had made, so I didn't take it.  I called them back a few minutes ago and left a message saying I wanted that appt if if was still available.  Lets all hope so!

I had my appt with my pdoc tonight.  It went really well.  He was very understanding.  But doesn't think that all this means anything.  He just said for us to keep a check on it.  Since I have been having problems sleeping he gave me some samples of Seroquel.  So I am looking forward to trying it tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question if you feel like answering? What illegal drugs have you tried? If any? I got those symptoms after messing around with drugs too much. Fish oil really seems to help me, along with an antipsychotic.

I really hope Seroquel works for you!

Just a question if you feel like answering? What illegal drugs have you tried? If any? I got those symptoms after messing around with drugs too much. Fish oil really seems to help me, along with an antipsychotic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have not used any illegal drugs in 10+ years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have not used any illegal drugs in 10+ years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey...I've had pretty much the identical experience. In college, I was put on Zoloft, and went crazy manic, complete with really fantastically dramatic hallucinations without any other drug influence. However, I didn't really do a great job of letting my pdoc know; she was pretty crappy, anyway.

Anyway, we took me off of that. I'm BPII, or so they decided not long after that, actually because my dad went wacko that next summer and they said the genetic component, coupled with my drama, was pretty compelling evidence. Anyway, I was on lithium; took myself off of it because I couldn't work on it (hands shook...I do surgeries, VERY minute ones, but that's another story).

The hallucinations are an ongoing problem of mine. My therp. says it's not such a big deal; she throws it into the lump of I'm kind of out of touch with reality ANYWAY, and I haven't really discussed it, anyway. It's not a HUGE issue. The little ones are only annoying, and, when they get worse (god, I HATE morphing people in movies; too close to what happens in my head), I'm not in a position to tell anyone.

Long story short: I think it might be par for the course, but, like most mental illness problems, only a big deal when it impacts your life negatively. I think, perhaps, everybody gets some of that a little bit. It's just worse, and maybe more disturbing ('cuz you're always worried about going crazy) if you're dx'ed with MI.

Don't know if that helped at all ;) Just thought I'd let you know you weren't the only one. Keep talking to your doctor about it, and maybe there'll be something to be done for it.

• 1 year later...

If I had a psychiatrist, I don't yet, I would fax the information to him/her. Hey doc I'm hallucinating. Maybe then the doctor could call in a prescription change to the pharmacist. Maybe the doc has to see you in person to change something, but might make you a priority due to the hallucinations and will get you in on a cancelled appointment. Just a suggestion.

Archived