CrazyBoards.org

You can follow blogs and get notifications you can click on when they updated.  You can also access them through profiles.

This is actually going better than when we moved from IPB2 to IPB3.  Back then we had private blogs suddenly becoming public and all kinds of loveliness.

Yeah. But they got rid of a tonne of useful blog features. There is two sidebars worth of content gone.

I'm concerned that content for blogs shows up for guests to read. I know it's only the opening lines or two, but I just had a user voice that concern to me in chat.

there's a lot of white space, is there a way to minimise that?

I'm concerned that content for blogs shows up for guests to read. I know it's only the opening lines or two, but I just had a user voice that concern to me in chat.

there's a lot of white space, is there a way to minimise that?

Guests can see a whole lot less than they could in the old version as before blogs defaulted to being publicly viewable.

I'm not seeing all this white space people are talking about. Things look normal to me.

Can those knuckleheads who created this version PLEASE make a list feature on the blog page so you can see the title and names of 20 blogs or so, and not have to scroll through the first 8 lines of EVERY blog to get to the ones you want?  There is no way to filter, no way to ignore the blogs that you don't read, and no way to bring your favorites to the top.

The blog section sucks.

olga

I really really really want this option as well. There is no way to have a REAL LIST of blogs anymore? 

For example, below you see TWO blogs, where in the same amount of space before I could scan 20 blog names at once.

edited to add: Squish and dragonfly's blog, like any other blog, can fill ALL the room wanted by readers. List are just lists. No previews, pictures, headings, past titles.

Capture8.JPG

Edited by water

in the interest of positivism, this is what I really LIKE about the new CB:

I can drag photos into the post and not have to put them in the gallery first.

The youtube videos are bigger and nicer to watch

I really like that my activity shows what I wrote on blogs. I used to always forget who I responded to and when

\

If you use "view new content" and set it to show just blog entries, that should be what you're looking for.

Yes! thank you. that's perfect. I knew there must be a way. :-}

this is weird: when I replied to your post and quote, part of text from my previous post appeared as well as your quote.

Thanks VE for your respectful and encouraging words regarding site upgrades.

My experience in IT development and deployment is that even the most tech-savvy users will *NEVER* accept changes.

Hopefully  the site recovers to full functionality.

If you use "view new content" and set it to show just blog entries, that should be what you're looking for.

this is weird: when I replied to your post and quote, part of text from my previous post appeared as well as your quote.

If you wrote something in a thread but didn't post it, the system remembers what you wrote, and it will appear in the text box. Don't know if that's your problem or not.

If you wrote something in a thread but didn't post it, the system remembers what you wrote, and it will appear in the text box. Don't know if that's your problem or not.

I  tink it was something i already posted.

also, the blog list doesn't seem to work. I can only see the blogs I posted in, even if I remove all the filters. It doesn't list ALL the blog entries starting with the latest. I'll try again tomorrow.