CrazyBoards.org

I am trying zoloft out and have been for a month now.  50mg in the morning.  I feel OK.

I have OCD - just worrying and obsessing though and anxiety.  no rituals.

I have tried paxil a few years ago and felt like shit.

Felt like crap on 120mg of prozac

lexapro seemed ok but one pdoc was going on vacation and told me to stop because I was quite tired from it.

Now I have a practioner nurse that is quite nice, seems knowleadgable.

I am using ambien cr and it works good, taking clonopin as needed, and it works - been doing that for years.

Now I am trying this stuff again after giving up for a while.  So far the obsessive stuff is a bit better but I still have trouble with a wandering mind - like constantly thinking and worrying.  Hard to focus on reading a book because I start worrying and thinking.

Tired in the late afternoon - I take it in the morning now - switching to evenings tomorrow.

Then the anxiety attacks on and off so I take the klonopin.

Now the nurse is thinking I am giving this another couple weeks and then maybe switching to effexor which I am really against given it being such a disaster to try and stop taking.

I heard wellbutrin can help counter this tired stuff and maybe increase the focus and help the anxiety OCD to, should I try that on it's own or try it with the zoloft?

I heard wellbutrin can help counter this tired stuff and maybe increase the focus and help the anxiety OCD to, should I try that on it's own or try it with the zoloft?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I'm a bit confused. For what exactly are you being treated? When you say "this tired stuff" are you talking about depression? Or the effects of the meds? Or what?

Has anyone ever talked with you about the possiblity of being BPII, or somewhere on the bipolar spectrum? Of course I don't know, but from what you said it sounds like it might fit.

Maybe someone else can tell you about Wellbutrin. I tried it when it first came out, and it wasn't the right med for me. But then as it turns out, I was an undiagnosed BPII. Consequently, none of the ADs I took did anything for all the anxiety, irritability, lack of concentration or ability to focus, obsessiveness, or (with one exception) my depression. Getting on Lamictal did.

Of course, your situation could be very different. Hope you get some better answers.

PS - I may be way off here, but I'd be concerned about doing all these psych meds with a nurse practitioner. No offense meant to any nurse practitioners, but it is very tricky stuff, even for pdocs, let alone other kinds of docs.

It is for ocd/anxiety and I get tired from the zoloft.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I'm a bit confused. For what exactly are you being treated? When you say "this tired stuff" are you talking about depression? Or the effects of the meds? Or what?

Has anyone ever talked with you about the possiblity of being BPII, or somewhere on the bipolar spectrum? Of course I don't know, but from what you said it sounds like it might fit.

Maybe someone else can tell you about Wellbutrin. I tried it when it first came out, and it wasn't the right med for me. But then as it turns out, I was an undiagnosed BPII. Consequently, none of the ADs I took did anything for all the anxiety, irritability, lack of concentration or ability to focus, obsessiveness, or (with one exception) my depression. Getting on Lamictal did.

Of course, your situation could be very different. Hope you get some better answers.

PS - I may be way off here, but I'd be concerned about doing all these psych meds with a nurse practitioner. No offense meant to any nurse practitioners, but it is very tricky stuff, even for pdocs, let alone other kinds of docs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

By itself, Wellbutrin is not usually a first line medication for OCD or anxiety. It can aggravate anxiety. However, it might be an excellent adjunct to the Zoloft, in terms of alertness without anxiety.

I'm biased, though. I take a combination of Wellbutrin and Zoloft for depression and it has been very effective most of the time. My anxiety is related to depression, so no depression generally means no anxiety, too. Yay.

Greeny

Yes Wellbutrin shouldn't be given to people who have high anxiety as it will most likely worsen it.  But it also depends on your level of it.  You seem to have very high anxiety so I would think you'd have a bad reaction.  WB does give you energy to revert the tiredness.  I take 300mg WB and I have anxiety issues.  It does not effect my anxiety at all.  I'm also on 90mg of Cymbalta though.

I have major anxiety problems and OCD, mostly pure O but also some hording and sorting issues.  I've never had any anxiety problems when taking Wellbutrin in conjunction with an SSRI.

Do keep in mind that 50mgs is a tiny zoloft dose.  It' s not uncommon for OCD to not respond to zoloft until it's in the 200-300 mg range.

I'd up the zoloft to the point where the anxiety issues are under control and then see about adding Wellbutrin to counter side effects and help with depression and motivation depending on how you feel then.

Guest Guest_thepunisher_*

Thanks, the nurse mentioned going to 75 if I can tolerate the tired stuff, which I just switch my 50mg to taking it at night and it is about the same.

The thing is like I am more Unmotivated and sort of like well, I can do it later, which is probably OK because normally I am always going, but it is the trying to get a happy medium where the anxiety, ocd - well I only obsess, no rituals except that my rituals are that i read and research or ask people, etc for reassurance on stuff to fix my obsessing.

So needless to say I annoy people and myself, plus some panic attacks.

But anyway I wonder if adding wellbutrin is good or just wait? 

What do people generally do to help with these effects of the tired sort of feeling and unmotivated?  I could sometimes do stuff and just don't or rather lay on the couch with my laptop and being an IT person I am already on a computer all day.

Thanks again.

I have major anxiety problems and OCD, mostly pure O but also some hording and sorting issues.  I've never had any anxiety problems when taking Wellbutrin in conjunction with an SSRI.

Do keep in mind that 50mgs is a tiny zoloft dose.  It' s not uncommon for OCD to not respond to zoloft until it's in the 200-300 mg range.

I'd up the zoloft to the point where the anxiety issues are under control and then see about adding Wellbutrin to counter side effects and help with depression and motivation depending on how you feel then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived