CrazyBoards.org

I have a dark, defeatists attitude.  I will migrate to the negative view.  I rarely can or will hold on to positive things, I miss out on life's joys and pleasures as I have been in the pit for so long

So, my therapist has asked me on a daily basis to come up with 3 positive affimations.  I have expanded it a bit to include things I am grateful for as well. 

I started to list my three things in my blog, probably still will.  I have found it difficult but really rewarding.  Really really rewarding.  I have to think hard some days and others they flow.

I want to hear your three things.  I want to pass on the change that I have been given from what seems a simple task.

So I will go first:

1) summer is here

2) I love the color green and am surrounded by it.

3) I get joy out of coloring, makes me feel better and distracts me when I need distracting.

Okay so what are your three things?

Edited by dragonfly23

Good idea. Could be useful for me too; I don't exactly have the highest self esteem known to man.

1: I'm making steps to change my life

2: Eating more and enjoying it

3: I don't have any flus!

A little more difficult than I thought.

I had time to have a leisurely morning

My daughter is making me a friendship bracelet

My husband likes to make me happy

we had  more energy than usual this morning!

the Lovely Sheets are on the bed

we are enjoying lavender and rose geranium smells

1.  I have a roof over my head and love where I live.

2.  I have food to eat.

3.  My pdoc is a blessing.

I've done this too and still do it when everything is dark. I called it 'forcing positivity'. Tdoc said 'a change of perspective'.

I've done this too and still do it when everything is dark. I called it 'forcing positivity'. Tdoc said 'a change of perspective'.

​We all deserve to give ourselves some positivity from time to time. We're all too hard on ourselves.

instead of my blog, I am gonna list my three here everyday:

I am learning how to show emotion

I am learning self monitoring, so I can do what I need to do to take care of myself

I am trying to be more social

go Hawks

Love this idea!

1. last final/class this morning

2. really good blueberries this morning

3. last week's low mood: POOF! I'm feeling great this morning.

I am slowly beginning to clean my own home. 

I can feel my every day emotions returning after years of being apathetic due to C-PTSD.

I am learning to apologise for my inappropriate outbursts and possibly hurting others feelings.

I get to go pick fresh strawberries next week.

I  have been doing watercolor again after years and it helps me express myself.

Books. Always books.

Having the kids home for the summer - no morning struggles.

Having the windows open, I love the breezes and the birds.

Having a 28yo daughter who is taking my teenagers off my hands for a week - priceless

Having the kids home for the summer - no morning struggles.

Having the windows open, I love the breezes and the birds.

Having a 28yo daughter who is taking my teenagers off my hands for a week - priceless

​That is a blessing ... I'm glad you will have some time to yourself :)

I have a dark, defeatists attitude.  I will migrate to the negative view.  I rarely can or will hold on to positive things, I miss out on life's joys and pleasures as I have been in the pit for so long

So, my therapist has asked me on a daily basis to come up with 3 positive affimations.  I have expanded it a bit to include things I am grateful for as well. 

I started to list my three things in my blog, probably still will.  I have found it difficult but really rewarding.  Really really rewarding.  I have to think hard some days and others they flow.

​this is a great idea, dragonfly.  used to do this in therapy. let it go. should try it again, as i default to the negative, pessimistic and would probably benefit from forcing my mind more to good things and to gratitude.  today as usual i woke up wishing i was dead. this will be a challenge.

1.) i am caring for myself by eating better

2.) grateful for the cat and wildlife out the window

3.) reaching out, not isolating

cats! everywhere, there are cats! (heh)

hibiscus tea: wonderful colour and great taste for summer weather

pride, prejudice and zombies 

Having ready access to potable running water

Having electricity

Having the money to maintain these indefinately

Edited by sprocket

My mood might be on the upswing. 

I have a great picture of my dog smiling and I made it the lock screen picture in my phone so I am constantly reminded I'm loved. 

I actually cooked dinner last night. 

Strawberries and ice cream

I'm done with classes and got great grades

kinda gross but I had a boil in my ear that finally popped and it hurts SO much less now

It's the little things...

Clean hair.

The time my pdoc spends with me.

Popsicles.

pride, prejudice and zombies 

Hell to the yes. Did you read Sense, Sensibility, and Sea Monsters?

I love my husband.

Though aged, my dogs are both healthy.

My best friend is getting better. Most days, she's OK.