CrazyBoards.org

tools of the trade

part of the deal that i left hospital back into my parents care is that i hand over my "tools of the trade" ie. anything i can hurt myself with particularly my stash of blades and lighters. (see i dont smoke so i really have no other need for them).

seriously i know this is in my best interest but i feel like a child having their toys taken away. i dont want to give them up... :-(

part of the deal that i left hospital back into my parents care is that i hand over my "tools of the trade" ie. anything i can hurt myself with particularly my stash of blades and lighters. (see i dont smoke so i really have no other need for them).

seriously i know this is in my best interest but i feel like a child having their toys taken away. i dont want to give them up... :-(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Iona,

I know what you mean.

I went for my blades the other day and my Husband  just walked in the bathroom..we have no locks anywhere in here.. ;) he tried to take both of mine. I only had 2 left. I manged to get one though. They are mine, after all.

Oh I know what you mean.  I gave up my blades to my husband a while after I moved in with him.  It was hard but necessary.  There are still times I want them back, want that option to cut.  I've been thinking about that a lot lately.  But I have to realize that it is for the best.  Hell, maybe I'll even be forced into a healthy coping mechanism someday. ;)

I "quit" cutting after an accident a couple of years ago...was stupid, stuck a blade in my pocket, forgot about it and wounded myself very badly. Was...I'll say...wonderful, but scared the crap out of everyone else and I nearly lost function of my hand in the process. No more blades for me, and I don't/won't do anything else.

Sometimes, if you're not able to ensure your own safety, someone else kind of has to do it for you, is my theory. Makes me mad sometimes, too, when I've squirreled away a great new present and it gets found, I'm in trouble, and don't have it anymore. I live with my gf, who is OCD...which means, the long and short of it, that she finds EVERYTHING. The house is spottless all the time, in places no usual human would think to look. Usually, I think it's a good thing, even when it kind of sucks. Think of it as protection, not punishment, maybe?

Archived