CrazyBoards.org

I figured that everyone here would have the most knowledge about the subject, so that's why I am coming to you. My youngest son is currently 6 years old and has already been diagnosed with ADHD and OCD. He is on Concerta, Ritalin, and Zoloft. I know, that's a lot of medicine for a 6 year old. But I think there is more to this than his official diagnosis. We asked his pdoc if it could be Autism, but she assured us it wasn't. The more I read about Asperger's, the more it seems to fit my son. He obsessively watched nothing but wrestling videos all day, and when he goes to bed(for some reason unknown to me) he always watches the wrestling on the Spanish channel. I tried to turn it to the English channel for him before, and he started screaming. He also has this group of "friends", as we call them, that he will absolutely not go to bed or get up without. The "friends" are a blanket, a cat stuffed animal, a ninja turtle stuffed animal, a rabbit stuffed animal, and a championship wrestling belt. He also does this questioning, like if I say "It's time to go to bed", he will turn around and say "Is it time to go to bed?" If I don't immediately acknowledge his question, he will say "Yes or no?" and continue to repeat the question until he gets a yes or no answer. He's been getting in trouble at school a lot. He just got suspended off the bus a couple weeks ago for cursing and crawling around on the floor, which he had already been warned about. He has a pdoc appointment coming up this Thursday, I'll ask her about this then. Unfortunately she is leaving the practice, and she was the only one that would see children so young so we will have to find a new pdoc. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Or can someone that has Asperger's describe what their symptoms are like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*** I also did not mean in any way to offend anyone, so I hope it doesn't come off that way.

Um, we don't have the most knowledge on the topic of diagnosing children. Your pdoc does, and she said it's not Asperger's.

And let's not forget that your son is six. How long has this behavior been going on?

​She said it wasn't Autism, we've never brought up Asperger's. This behavior has been going on as long as he has been able to do it.

Ice, we don't deal with children, and we're a first person site, which means we don't take questions about people who aren't our users. We are not in a position to diagnose ANYONE, let alone a six year old kid. I'm closing this thread.

Just FYI, Asperger's was removed from the DSM.  There aren't going to be any new people diagnosed with it.  It's been collapsed into high functioning autism, so if you kid's pdoc said no autism, that would include what used to be Asperger's.