CrazyBoards.org

Using benzos to quit neurileptics.

Tough times quitting the combo quetipaipine on bed tine and morning/afterbon on ritalin. (Usually verey busy). Now I have insomniaa and don't wan to to get near to neuropletcs that made me weight gain, almost everything that is  around the market. Now I'm in a path of 2,5mg clonazepan, 2mg alprazolam, 5mg diazepam and 2mg lorazem and still not get enough rest as neuripleptic would bring me, specially quetiapine, can't wait to tapper it all of and be the occasional benzo user that I'm.

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

Are you still on the Ritalin but not seroquel? 

I would wonder in particular about the afternoon dose if not both doses messing with sleep.

curious what your health care provider says.

No, I'm without Ritalin since may 31, my current drugs are part of "current drugs on my signature, the rest are not being in use"". Even with paradoxal effects (no so much, my last dose used to be around 12:00/1:00p,m, so the principle metabolites went off)  of using Ritalin and Seroquel I felt great. After quitting Ritalin For a week I used only 25mg to 50mg of Seroquel for sleeping and after that I did a switch to 4mg a day o Risperidone. I gained 5kg is less that 12 days about 26 pounds, so I decided since I didn't see any improvement with my delusions and I'm no hallucinating, just to stay off of those drugs, my psychiatrist tell me to used those drugs only when I'm can't feel otherwise well. The origin of my insomnia could be the lack of Ritalin, I did not even abused it or used over four moths, but the Ritalin stable my sleep patter and now I'm having trouble sleeping. I guess part is because Ritalin withdrawal  and the most important, neuroleptic induced sleep.

this night I pretend take 2mg of clonazepam, 2mg o lorazepam and 2mg o xanaax (-0,5 clonazem and 5mg of valium).

Tomorrow I'll pass to my psychiatrist doctor to see with I can get Ritalin prescription, that was making me god on various levels, except the last month that I become some how angry.

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

Well, clonazepam is too slow and the effects took place the whole day, specially a kind of drunk one.

So, now I'm sleeping on 10mg of valium and 2mg Lorazepam and feeling better, already losing weight.

My next step is take the valium off, after that take off lorazepam and put the valium back again and... sleep naturally.

Thank you all.