CrazyBoards.org

So basically i was diagnosed with psychosis and bipolar and i think schizophrenia too. Ill keep it short but basically there is one thing that keeps me coming back to my "delusion". I think that i am the reincarnation of the disciple John. In the hospital i thought i was a few people from the bible who kept reincarnating over and over. That its the same soul. There is actually a group that believe in reincarnation and that we stem from the same soul called the kabbalists. A year after the hospital i met this girl at my new job who i had never even seen before. She ended up praying for me and kept telling me that she kept hearing the name john as a voice corrected her every time she said my name. I never said anything to her about me beiong in the hospital or that i believed i could be that person. She would say my name and the voice would correct her and say john. How could this even be possible if im just crazy? Also, people from the hospital (other patients) told me i was john too. This is the biggest of them but I've had many other things happen to me that couldn't be coincidences. I'm trying to cold turkey stop my medication now just to see what happens. 

It sounds like you are taking the woman's own delusions as gospel, literally. When you say she hears a voice correcting her, can you see that that isn't normal? Why does she hear it, and not you? Isn't it more relevant to you than she?

And why was *she* chosen to mishear your name as opposed to anyone else? It sounds like she might need psychiatric care as well.

If you still think you are a biblical figure, I think it is very important that you see your pdoc as soon as possible. That is not a normal thought process.

And please take your meds as directed.

I see where you guys are coming from. But, Its literally impossible that she could be hearing the same name that is perhaps my true name. What are the chances of that?  Not saying it is true, not sure at the moment. And Im stopping the meds because think most medication is toxic making us dependent,gain weight etc. I strongly believe that spirits and chemicals are somehow linked. Im not sure how but i know its true.

Edited by Am I Crazy?

I think stopping your medications is a very bad idea.

I also find it very telling that the place where you met the other people who said your name is John was in a psych hospital. Where there are a lot of crazy people. You asked if you were crazy, and you're posting on a board called CrazyBoards. Somewhere deep in your mind I think you know that the ideas you're having are not normal or healthy, and that you need treatment and help. I urge you to see your psychiatrist as soon as possible, and not to stop taking your meds in the meantime.

Good luck.

Just want to echo to not stop taking meds without your psychiatrist's (pdoc) direction (if your pdoc agrees to it).  Not all meds are bad.  Sure, they have side effects that aren't pleasant, but they do save lives.  I know I would probably not be here if it weren't for meds.

Please don't stop taking your meds cold turkey.  If you really want to come off them (which I highly do not recommend), at least ween yourself off with the advice of your pdoc.

I've had weird things happen in my life as well.  I attract the crazies (they must see one of their own in me... lol) and weird shit has happened to me that is inexplainable. The difference is that I know they are real experiences because my non-crazy friends have been there to witness it. Regardless, I don't lose my faculties and follow what these people say. There's a difference.