CrazyBoards.org

I have always had lists, after lists, after lists.  Running multiple lists referring to other lists until I am carrying piles of lists and not getting anything done.  Its like a picture into the spider web that is my brain.  I end up obsessing about the lists and what needs to be added to the list.  Every stupid thing I need to do is on these lists.  I can't remember anything anymore (I believe this is a gift from Seroquel). 

The number of current lists also is a sign that i am manic and how manic depends on the number of lists and their content. 

I have one list right now, but will go into a full on panic if I cannot locate the single list.   I re-write the list at least 3 times a day, to re prioritize the list and to clear away completed tasks as they make the list messy. 

ahhhhhhhhhhhh I have a list problem. 

Anyone out there have a list issue?   I need to figure out how to chill on the list thing. 

My memory is shot too, so I have many lists, but I put them each on post-its (I have post-its everywhere) so I can move them around and prioritize them that way.  I have written/paper lists for when I go somewhere, that I will write and re-write/re-type on the computer. I revise it at least 10 times before the actually packing.  It helps to have the list on the computer so that I can erase or put a line through then just print it off.

i used to have a list obsession when my OCD was out of control. it was not pretty. i was utterly obsessed and compelled to make lists upon lists of lists of lists for hours on end and i would stick them all to my walls until i had no empty wall space left. they were all over my desk and objects and i started putting them on the family pets and on other people's things as well. i still like lists but thankfully i'm much more sane about it. i worked on it in therapy, and through gradual exposure and med changes, it hasn't been anywhere near that bad in a long time.

Edited by cosima

i started putting them on the family pets and on other people's things as well. 

I just choked on my coffee,  "on family pets". That I have not done.  heheh

I am glad others have list obsessions if only so I dont feel odd.  At the moment my listing is under control as I am a 1 list girl.  Cant help the re-writing of it though.    

I am glad others have list obsessions if only so I dont feel odd.  At the moment my listing is under control as I am a 1 list girl.  Cant help the re-writing of it though.    

i kid you not. i thought that putting post-its on the dogs would somehow be very useful and serve as travelling reminders of my other lists. now i think it's hilarious but then i was Very Serious about it and probably would have become very angry or burst into tears if anyone questioned it.

i kid you not. i thought that putting post-its on the dogs would somehow be very useful and serve as travelling reminders of my other lists. now i think it's hilarious but then i was Very Serious about it and probably would have become very angry or burst into tears if anyone questioned it.

Gotta laugh some times at the stuff we all do.  hehe.   I have only rewrote my list 3 times today and still have only 1 going.   3 times is really good