CrazyBoards.org

Hi. My DX: BP, OCD, social anxiety, GAD

Hi, I'm new here to the boards.  I'm sitting here debating exactly how to introduce myself like introducing myself correctly is a vitally important thing.  I like to have a sense of humor about myself b/c, if I can't laugh about being crazy, then what's the fun in it?

There's a history of mental illness on both sides of my family.  My father has antisocial personality disorder; as a teenager (20 years before I was born) he killed his brother & later a fellow inmate.  My mother had unipolar depression. 

I'm the only one in my family that's been diagnosed with bipolar & OCD but I think it's not uncommon (especially the OCD).  There's a lot of alcoholism in my family... likely self-medication.

Meds are a constant juggling act.  My symptoms/diagnoses... well, if one thing isn't out of control it's another.  Finding balance is so hard.

I went to a support group for the first time last night.  I wonder why I waited for so long.  I'll definitely be back.  I'm glad I found this online community as well.

hey sweets...

welcome ta crazytown!!!

hope you feel at home real soon!!!

you sound like you have alot ta talk about n what better place than here...where people can totally understand n sympathise!!!

glad you started posting...see you 'round the bords!!!

good luck with your journey and many good thoughts ta you n yours!!!

flutterfly xo

Hi, I'm new here to the boards.  I'm sitting here debating exactly how to introduce myself like introducing myself correctly is a vitally important thing.  I like to have a sense of humor about myself b/c, if I can't laugh about being crazy, then what's the fun in it?

There's a history of mental illness on both sides of my family.  My father has antisocial personality disorder; as a teenager (20 years before I was born) he killed his brother & later a fellow inmate.  My mother had unipolar depression. 

I'm the only one in my family that's been diagnosed with bipolar & OCD but I think it's not uncommon (especially the OCD).  There's a lot of alcoholism in my family... likely self-medication.

Meds are a constant juggling act.  My symptoms/diagnoses... well, if one thing isn't out of control it's another.  Finding balance is so hard.

I went to a support group for the first time last night.  I wonder why I waited for so long.  I'll definitely be back.  I'm glad I found this online community as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi tachiiniiMichelle,

welcome to the boards. having a sense of humour about being crazy is very important i think. cos being crazy is bloody awful. i have major depression and it destroyed my life. i'm slowly crawling back to some semblance of a life but keep forgetting why i bother.

take care,

grouse.

TachiiniiMichelle

welcome to crazyboards

I have a 'thing' about names and being able to pronounce them.

'tah chee knee'?..

so do you mind if I ask about Tachiinii?

ARe those the little dolls that fit into each other?

no never mind, son's native friend strolled by and said he thinks Tachiinii's Navajo

googled it and it's Matryoshka that I was thinking of...anyway

So how was group? Is it a specific type group

Feel free to ignore any of the above questions

Archived